Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head mold kit
12-29-2012, 04:15 PM,
RE: Head mold kit
The shrink wrap works fine, honest! Ask John if the template I sent in was inferior or unacceptable since he would be the best judge!
12-30-2012, 12:51 PM,
Question - do you draw the pattern on your head prior to shrinking the plastic to your head? Or do you shrink the plastic take off the mold draw and then put back on and trace? My problem on drawing for full cap is getting the temple area / side burn area drawn right as well as getting the area over the ears right. Sounds like a neat way to make a template. Do u tape over the mold like u would with the Saran Wrap?
01-01-2013, 10:27 AM,
I shrink it then do some trimming especially around the ears and hit it again with the blow dryer to get it even tighter. Then I will draw and cut to size. No need for the tape unless you wish to reinforce a specific area.
01-02-2013, 09:09 AM,
Do you think adding a secong layer of shrink wrap would work for making the whole template thicker?
01-02-2013, 12:45 PM,
Why does it have to be thicker? I never thought thicker was better, in fact it will just make your piece too large! Skin tight template equal skin tight hair! These are just my opinions and I'm no expert in the matter...
01-04-2013, 10:02 AM,
What I would like to be able to do is make a mold of my head then some how get a styrofoam made of my actual head size. Then make the templates from the styrofoam head. That would probably be the most accurate template you could get.
I know try as I may to get a full cap template perfect I will get the area over the ears too tight or the temple sideburn area off. I did order the plastic that shrink wraps. Look forward to giving that a try. Will be interesting how that goes. I ask the company that was mentioned earlier that does a "custom fitting kit" if they could just make me a template from the kit measurements and not make a hair system. They said never been asked that question before. I wait to hear their reply. Their systems are a little rich for me.
01-05-2013, 08:12 AM,
If you want a hard template that is cheap and easy to do then try this method.
Cover your head in sarin wrap (cling film) tie under chin as normal and draw the outline.
Then cover the head with bandages soaked in plaster of Paris. The exact same method for treating broken limbs.
Wait 10 minutes,remove and cut to size. The outline is easily seen on the underside of the cast.

Mac mike you could use the moulding method seen here.

http://www.smooth-on.com/gallery.php?galleryid=117