Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head mold kit
11-27-2012, 10:31 AM,
Head mold kit
Anyone remember or know sold or what it even was for making templates easier without having to use saran and tape etc. I twas some kind of molding material.. Maybe a website sold it as a kit. I can't remember.

regards
11-27-2012, 11:18 AM,
RE: Head mold kit
Hair Direct do this kit:
http://www.hairdirect.com/store/Mens-Cus...g-Kit.aspx

or there is this:
http://youtu.be/85aOrjd11dI
11-27-2012, 12:11 PM,
http://store.newhair4u2.com/Fitting-Kit-c11/
11-27-2012, 02:16 PM,
Thanks for the links guys.

Ibetalot. have you ever used this? Looks interesting.
11-27-2012, 11:22 PM,
X, no I haven't used it. I did ordered it, but when it arrived it wasn't big enough to cover my gigantic bald spot. So I went back to the old plastic wrap.
11-28-2012, 02:39 AM,
I once made a solid plastic template out of a type of plastic that comes as little beads that melt in boiling water. Once melted you can squidge it into a ball and then stretch over your head. Looking at Hersute's video I know it is exactly the same plastic as in that video. It costs a few dollars for a bag of it. I made the same kind of template as in that video. It was rock hard. But I never sent it in with an order because I wasn't sure if they could use a hard template like that or not.
11-28-2012, 08:55 AM,
Yeah I looked at all the videos.. The one with the plastic mold seemed too complicated. But if there are plastic balls that you simply can boil than id be interested in that. Sometimes my systems don't fit my head right and i get ripples, I wonder if its because I am not making the templates good enough.. Out of all things about wearing hair i really hate making the template.. I can never get it really smooth and flush.. I just hate working with saran wrap. Def wouldn't mind trying a new method/

I can't see why they can't use a hard solid mold. It should work even better than a tape template. I just figure they used the molds just to throw the lace on top and stitch it so it conforms. Probably a rock solid mold would work even better.. Perhaps John can answer this question better..

Ps where did you get the little balls and were they easy to use? If factories accept it, would you prefer that method over the tape and saran?
11-28-2012, 09:30 AM,
Here's what I would do to get the perfect template. Use the plastic to get a mould of your head. Then set that aside once it hah hardened and turned back to white (it is clear when soft). Use the saran wrap and tape method to make your templat and then once that is the perfect size and shape, set it on top of the plastic mould and draw around it. That way you will know where to cut the plastic mould. It can be hard to do it with just the plastic because it turns back to white opaque as it hardens and then you can't see where to draw the lines. If the factories accept hard plastic opaque templates I would use them absolutely!

The stuff you want is called polymorph: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfcBWnOqr6s

It's amazing stuff. You can even make keyrings, toys, jewelry, spare parts for things you broke etc. And it's cheap. We're talking about $10-15 for 500 grams.

Make a big soft smooth ball of it and then roll it out on a flat surface with a rolling pin. You will have to keep putting it back into a basin of hot water to keep it soft as you roll it some more to get it even. Once you have a sheet big enough to cover yor head and about 5mm-10mm thick put it back into the water to soften (it turns clear when ready). Then pull it over your scalp making sure everywhere is covered and it's a smooth tight contact. Let it cool (it takes only 5 to 10 minutes or so) and you will have a hard plastic mould. Use the normal saran wrap method to get the right template shape and then use that to guide you where to cut the mould.

I have done it before and made the perfect mould of the top of my head and it was really solid. But I thought for some reason the factory needed a flexible and transparent template to work with.
11-28-2012, 01:08 PM,
I don't know how pieces arrive from other suppliers, but mine come on clear plastic 'scalps' that are hard, but flexible.
I've always just used them by putting on my head and drawing around the bald area & cutting the front to the shape I want my hairline.

I write on them the details and thats what I send in as a template.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-29-2012, 06:49 AM,
Thanks for the tips and info.. and cool idea hersute.. They just never fit my head properly enough to use.

With the plastic molds i was thinking of just spreading it around your bald area only and not going into your own hair, that way there would be no cutting etc. necessary. Maybe I am wrong and it doesn't work that way.. Just figured you don't need a mold of your entire head, so why not use less and just spread it around on your bald scalp only.