Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Transplant + Hair System?
11-27-2012, 10:02 AM,
Hair Transplant + Hair System?
I have a natural high and wide, big forehead. My receded hairline doesn't suit my face shape at all, and I'm 19 years old. I was wondering if this would be the best solution:

Hair transplanted at the temples up to the blue line, on both sides ofcourse. And a hair system starting from the black line all the way to the crown where my hair has thinned.

[Image: image118b.jpg]
11-27-2012, 10:05 AM,
RE: Hair Transplant + Hair System?
I've spent years researching HTs and I haven't found a single surgeon who has a 100% success rate with making temporal point transplants look natural.

IMHO you should just lower the front with toupee and forget the temples. They look fine!
11-27-2012, 10:23 AM,
Ughh. I know they look fine because your not seeing the temples in context with the rest of my face. But hair here has receded, and I wish to find a solution whether it be the transplants or a partial hairpiece the temples along with one for the top of the head. Or maybe a hairpiece that covers the top of the head and temples. Also, what exactly makes these temporal point transplants look so unnatural to you?
11-27-2012, 10:31 AM,
I'm just giving my opinion as I see it. I'm not doubting you have lost hair around your temporal points.

I have no experience with systems in this area, and in fact am curious myself to their applicability.

re the HTs they have to be inplanted at a very acute angle to the scalp around this area which is damn difficult to get right. Also the hair that natural grows there is finer and more downy. You have to find a surgeon who is willing to try and hand pick FUE suitable hairs that match these characteristics. It's a lottery! Again I'm not trying to be a prick or negative, just stating my opinion based on 10 years of research in this area, having exactly the same issue to confront myself.

good luck
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM,
I can offer some advise on hair transplants - run like hell. They're expensive and a big waste of money. I now cover my transplants with a system. Don't fall for the BS advertising.
I can't even shave my entire head if I wanted to because of scarring where the transplants were added and the donor site would be noticeable if shaven.
My 2 cents
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM,
Certainly don`t bother with any type of transplant ...just get a system with temple-flaps... far easier solution. Many guys wear that type of system...... have a look at how ` Snipe` makes his templates here : http://s768.beta.photobucket.com/user/Sn...ideshow%3E
His temple area requires more coverage than yours, but you can adapt his method/template-shape to your own needs--note the shape of the taped-up system, which was made from that template, as you can clearly see the temple-flaps .... hope that helps. Can`t see the top of your head as your hand is in the way, as I assume that needs coverage too ?
11-27-2012, 10:55 PM,
I think your too young to have a HT most good HT doctors will tell you to wait as you dont know how your going to progress, most will also tell you to try propecia and Minoxidil, this could keep and even grow some hair...then in a few years you could have a HT.

If you dont want to take med's and you are losing hair in your teens a HT might not be the best route, its hard to tell from your pics how bad it is, it doesnt look like you've lost too much, maybe brushing your hair down would give a better look, or maybe try concealers, another possibility is to use a hairline piece to lower your hairline.

I think some peoples view of hair transplants are outdated and maybe they had one from a bad HT doctor.

Techinques have improved so much over the past few years I've seen great results at surgeons who arent even rated highly in the HT world.

If you do your research there are a few doctors in the world who constantly achieve great results and things will only continue to improve.

Of course you have to consider your options, if you have enough donor hair to achieve what you want, the possibility of needing further treatments, the possible need for med's to keep what you have....and the possibility of paying all that money to actually end up looking worse.

The problem with a transplant + a piece behind it is matching the density/look and getting the piece to sit well behind the transplant. I think their was a poster on another forum who tried it and he said for a while it was great but became harder and harder and now he just wears and is much happier.

I've thought about a transplant to fill my little recession and lower my hairline but I doubt I'd go through all the trouble and still wear a hairpiece, for me its either a hair transplant to stop the need to wear a piece or wear a piece....not both.
11-28-2012, 03:44 AM,
Paul: Yes, everything from the hairline in the front to the crown on the back of my head needs coverage. I'm not sure about how temple flaps work, can they fit in just as well as the hair piece? I usually keep my hair shorter on the temples, sides, and back and longer on top. Temple hair is also naturally thinner and less dense. How could I keep a high density of a 19 year old on top, and a lower density which matches the rest of the temples? It seems like a complex situation, could this be solved?
11-28-2012, 04:17 AM,
Yeah--plenty guys wear toppers which have flaps built-in ..the ones in Snipe`s tutorial are obviously to suit his needs..... so rather than the classic Oval-shape, there are 2 ` legs` incorporated to provide coverage of the receding temples. .... looks like you wouldn`t need a huge amount of coverage in any case, as you`re still young and the recession is not too severe so far...... the factory will simply graduate the density and hair-direction there to match your side-hair. If you send John some good-quality pics of your top and the sides/temples, he know what to order for you.... no need to get the standard 6-inch hair length on either the top or especially your flaps, because of how short the hair is kept there anyway....it would be just a pure waste of time and make `work` for any stylist.... at max., I`d say get 2-inch hair length just there at the temples, and a bit more on top....... the front is always graduate-density unless you specify `non-graduated` .... I guess the best material would be Swiss lace for you, as that area is so ` visible`and will be carrying a pretty light density [temple-flaps] and your hair seems to be growing in a direction which will mean a bit more ` exposure` than a brushed-forward style.......the main thing for you to ` worry` about is to get an accurate template made and then take some decent-quality pics., and John will work with you on nailing your exact specs! The factory can tie-in any density on any particular area, so it looks quite natural...it`s not ` complex` at all ! Hope that helps !