Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice really needed (badly) - pics
11-28-2012, 03:08 PM,
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics
Its not even necessarily that straight forward either.
I think everyone is different, with different circumstances, good and bad.
And so ANYONE who generalises about what other people should or shouldn't be or do, is totally misguided.

I was brought up with an extraordinary amount of love and was constantly told that everything I was or did, was wonderful.
Consequently I have a high feeling of self worth and confidence about WHO I am.
Other people and their negative opinions/reactions could never really deflate that.
But if I feel there is something wrong or lacking about me, then it DOES effect me.

I sort of act or conduct myself exuding confidence and other people seem to see me that way too.
But I feel I can only be like that if everything about me meets my standards, not other people's.

Its quite hard to explain without sounding egotistical & vain, which a lot of people can accuse me of.
I'm not saying I believe I'm perfect.
I'm trying to say that I'm confident about being someone thats not perfect, which is what I am.
But I do want to be the best I can be.
So improvements are about doing what I think is right for me and not about trying to conform to anyone else's opinions.

That said though, age is a strange thing and so little of what I thought mattered to me in my youth actually is important to me now.

I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not!

Messages In This Thread
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics - Hersute - 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM