Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice really needed (badly) - pics
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM,
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics
I don't suppose you watched that programme on BBC3 this evening about cosmetic surgery?
It was quite interesting, but you got the same old people ranting on about loving yourself for who you are, blah blah.

Its a great theory, but all I know is that I could have had years of therapy to accept my baldness or actually do something about it.
Unfortunately my first course of action (transplants) didn't restore my confidence.
The replacement hair wearing did (eventually).

It was cheaper & quicker than therapy and it meant I could get on and enjoy the last 20 years.
The other thing that I got from wearing was being back in control.
I couldn't control my hairloss and it was taking me in a direction I wasn't happy with.
Being able to do something about it for myself was one of the biggest psychological benefits.

PS. I'd laugh about my teeth too, if it didn't involve smiling!
I'm in Brighton, so we haven't had flooding either.

PSS. My 2 front teeth used to be ok ish. The ones next to them never grew from being baby teeth.
So they were never even.
They get built up to the same size with a compound and then the porcelain veneers are put over the fronts.
Every time they drill off the old veneers and compound, they remove a bit more of your natural teeth.
Hence they have gotten smaller & odder over the years.

A bit like the hair thing. I had a choice of a year or two with braces or the quick fix.
I went for the quick fix!

Messages In This Thread
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics - Hersute - 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM