Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleanup
11-26-2012, 07:50 AM,
Cleanup
I hear "mirror slide" and "bubble wrap" paper being said a lot here.

Can I have a guide as to what to do to clean up Got2BGlude and ORWG residue on a lace system, as well as for scalp.
11-26-2012, 08:29 AM,
RE: Cleanup
ORWG- For the lace some people use a microfiber cloth and that seems to take off the residue. Some people use alcohol and soak it and than rub it off with that cloth or do a mirror slide.. basically sliding the lace across a mirror and the glue supposedly sticks to the mirror and comes off your lace. Some use brown paper bags to do this, or magazine pages, balloons. bubble wrap. seran wrap etc etc.. U can experiment with different things and find one you like the best.

For me when I get a lot of glue stuck on the lace, I use citrus solvent or something like that let it soak onto the residue for a little bit till it turns into a gummy goey substance.. than do the mirror slide or whatever slide and it comes right off..

For your scalp.. I simply just squirt alcohol and rub the glue off with a wash cloth or even use my own finger to roll it off into balls.. If you get glue in your hair you can take a fine tooth comb and just comb through your hair and the residue sticks to the teeth of the comb. THan you can squirt it with alcohol and just wipe it off with a paper towel and than comb thru again. repeat.

For Got2b glued.. Just washing it or shampooing your unit should be enough .. If you get a spot that still has some got2b on it..i run that spot under warm water and rub it gently with a wash cloth in circular motions till it dissolves.. From your scalp warm water alone takes it off.
11-26-2012, 08:45 AM,
by alcohol, do you mean 99% alcohol?

I have citrus solvent, but I hear Autoglym Tar Remover is good for removing glue on lace, maybe I should upgrade to that.

yes with Got2BGlued i notice the residue just comes off easily.

I used to use Got2BGlued for base and perimeter, I am just starting to use ORWG for the peremiter after finding out that Got2BGlued isn't strong enough for the front line and I worry it will come up etc.
11-26-2012, 02:23 PM,
Fullcapwearer.

I REALLY recommend the Autoglym.
As you're in the UK, you can get it in Halfords.
I always wait until they have a 3 for the price of 2 offer to buy it.
But you may just want to buy 1 at first to try it out.
If you only use ORWG on the front, then you'd only need to soak the front in a small bowl and it would be more economical for you.
Every other glue remover I've tried has always left some glue behind and they say that 1% residue of old glue equals 10% less bond on the next attachment.
Its about £6.50 a bottle.

Good luck.
11-26-2012, 02:28 PM,
I was planning to get it from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0011539II/re...B0011539II

mainly since halfords it out with the center of town and quite a treck.

I'll be sure to pick up the microfiber cloth.
11-26-2012, 04:08 PM,
I would also like to ask about scalp protector

I use 99% alcohol before attaching, is there anything else, to be done, like scalp protector etc.
11-26-2012, 05:32 PM,
Hello, to detache I use 99% alcohol, I use a dropper so not to wet the hair with the alcohol. Squeeze the dropper all along the edge directly on the lace sa as to avoid the hair as much as possible. Alcohol especially 99% will dry out the hair. Let is soak and the lace should come clean. Once I take off the lace I try to clean it up with a paper towel. A good quality paper towel for me works best, use one and throw it away , I usually use 3 or 4. Once most of it is off I will then spray on any solvent that you have be it C-22, De Solvit, Goo Gone and let that soak and I aslo spray on 99% alcohol on top of the solvent, Together it seems to do a very good job.I sometimes repeat if it warrants and then use Dawn blue dishwashing liquid because it is one of the best grease removers on the market. I then wash it a couple of times to make sure as much of the glue and grease comes of. The last step I do is apply spray 99% alcohol along the underside and vpoila your good as new. I have to pieces so I am not in a time rush to get a piece clean. I also let me scalp rest over night and go au naturel!!!! In the morning after my morning shower, I apply Scalp Protector and voila ready to go.

P,S, for me scalp protector does 2 things. It protects my scalp from the tape. I can easily bond for 4 weeks without trouble and when I remove I never see the red mark where the tape was.
2. It prolongs my bond and really cuts down on the itch.
Remember we are all different and what works for me might not be so good for someone else.

To achieve the best bond I took bits and pieces of advice from the forums experimented a bit and thru process of elimination came up with what is best for me.
11-27-2012, 08:51 AM,
Thanks A lot, I'll take note of that, Currently I just remove the hair system when the bond naturally looses it's hold, but next time I will use 99% alcohol to remove the system.

I spray 99% alcohol on my head before attachment, when should I use scalp protector, should I do that each time before attachment?
12-10-2012, 01:59 AM,
ok I have decided to go against ORWG and Autoglym.

I gave it a go, it smells a lot, I don't seem to get rid of the glue 100%.

I'm going to stick to got2bglued for both base and perimeter, if the hold isn't strong enough I'll just do a re-attachment on the front lace every second day.