Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New White Glue (pic)
11-22-2012, 02:05 PM,
New White Glue (pic)
I was in the Supermarket today and saw this EYELENE eyelash glue.
It was £3.95, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I needed to do a hairline touch-up so I applied one coat along the hairline.
It goes on an ultra violet white colour and then after a few seconds it disappears completely.
After 30 seconds I was ready to press down the lace.

The downside is that its in a tube which you have to squeeze and its extremely runny.
Even trying to squeeze a tiny amount on to a Q-Tip wasn't easy.

I might transfer it to a small pot.

Anyway, it feels REALLY secure.
We'll see how long it lasts. It claims to be waterproof.
Its gone 'hard', by which I mean its no longer sticky, so I'm hoping that it won't collect dirt like the Oil Resistant White Glue can.

The other good thing is that you can apply it directly to the edge of the lace and/or your scalp, so no more guessing where the hairline is.

I'll be really happy if I've found an alternative to ORWG.

This could be really useful for guys who have to order ORWG from another country and risk it going off in transit or having to pay P&P and import charges.
There were other brands and I imagine they're all pretty much the same thing and you should be able to buy eyelash glue in pretty much any country.

The other test will be how easy it is to clean off the lace.

I'll report back.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-22-2012, 03:22 PM,
RE: New White Glue (pic)
I have an uncle who was a hair dresser, he has been bonding his hair pieces for 50 years with eye lash glue. Swears by it.
11-22-2012, 03:34 PM,
Hersute, thanks for posting your findings. I am always on the quest for the ultimate glue. The bit that catches my attention is when you said it dries non-sticky. That is very rare with system glues. Please keep us posted on how it goes and how it cleans up.
11-22-2012, 04:50 PM,
Now this is what im talking about! Definitely please post your results.. I would be curious about the bond and clean up. if you get a decent bond and really nice cleanup.. that would be fantastic.. Hell i am looking for an alternative to got2bglued. I love the easy clean up and attachment just wish it held stronger for the front hairline
11-22-2012, 11:19 PM,
I've woken up today and the front is rock solid.

My only concern is that it goes off too quickly to do an all-over bond, unless its done in stages.

I'll keep you posted.
I'll be doing a reattachment early next week.
11-22-2012, 11:33 PM,
would you say this is better than ORWG, or more or less the same?
11-22-2012, 11:51 PM,
@Fullcapwearer

Don't know yet.
I only used it yesterday for the first time and only to do a re-touch at the hairline.
11-23-2012, 05:12 PM,
keep us posted .. Very interested in the clean up
11-26-2012, 03:01 AM,
Just a quick update.

The front started lifting after 3 days, which is about the same for me as ORWG.
I just used 91% alcohol and a microfibre cloth to see how easily it came off the lace.
Now bear in mind I don't normally use alcohol for clean ups (I was just testing it for those that do) and it dissolved the glue, but seemed to smear it further in to the lace.
I've never found 91% alcohol that great as a cleaner and 99% might be much better.

I went back to my tried & tested Autoglym Tar Remover and it came off with no problems.
It dissolved and wiped away from the lace in seconds.

So, so far I'd say its advantages over ORWG are:
Its easier to buy and probably cheaper.
You only need 1 coat.
You can apply it directly to the lace.
It doesn't leave a sticky residue that can attract dirt.

Bond wise, about the same as ORWG (for me & my oily skin that is)

Clean-up not a problem using my usual products.

I'm going to do a full bond with the eyelash glue this week to get a better idea of its pros & cons.
At that time I'll try a clean up using a mirror & bubblewrap to give others a better idea.
I'll also get a better idea of its general ability to stay attached.

Thats all for now folks.
11-26-2012, 04:41 AM,
so you can put it on the lace instead of the scalp.

so far I put ORWG on the scalp, I never tried to lace, what happens when you put ORWG on the lace? does it not work at all.

with ORWG you can have only 1 coat, but would you say the Eyelene has as much power with 1 coat as ORWG has with 2 coats?