Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Generation Base
11-22-2012, 01:14 PM,
New Generation Base
Just a quick question for John or anyone who knows for sure. can the thinnest skin base, think its called new generation.. be knotted? Or is it V-looped only. I know its too thin for injection, but I was curious about knots
11-22-2012, 02:46 PM,
RE: New Generation Base
Hi Xeon,
It's V-looped only. It's an amazing base. It is so thin and the hair line just disappears.
Regards,
John
11-22-2012, 03:35 PM,
John can you post some high res pics of a NG hairline? Thanks
11-22-2012, 05:43 PM,
There are some good pics here:

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4943

Also here:

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5285

And a comparable unit from another retailer (which seems to look a bit weird super close up only because of the way the hair is ventilated forward then swooped back creating a "C" shaped swoop at the base of every hair - the same issue doesn't seem to be evident in the Toplace pieces above despite similar styling):

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5013

I think just looking at them all again I've convinced myself that's what I should get ...

Pretty nice stuff.
11-23-2012, 02:35 AM,
Thanks readytogo. Be careful though because the first two examples are much lighter hair colors and the last one is very very dark. That could be the reaosn the loops show up more on one and not the other. Light hair will hide any loops or knot problems. Dark hair is a different story.
11-23-2012, 06:16 AM,
Yeah true regarding the colors. What I meant about the third set of pics is:

1) They're not Toplace.
2) The strange "C" shaped looping you see up close in the third set of pics does not seem to be due to the V-loops themselves.

If you look closely, the V-loops are barely visible at some points, and the V-loop itself is very narrow, tiny, and sharp. The "C" looping I was point out seems to just be because the hair is ventilated almost flat forward to the piece, and then the hair was styled backwards so the hair has to swoop back (making a "C") in a way normal hair wouldn't (since normal hair grows more perpendicular to the scalp).

Hard to explain in words. Either way in all cases, the v-loops themselves seem almost completely invisible. And there is definitely no edge (in these pics), lace, or knots.

I think injection could look just as natural or maybe more natural since it comes out at better angles, except the injection ones I see are almost always so uniform in their injection spacing and hair direction it doesn't look natural. It ends up looking like "Doll's hair", as they say.

Also, I think this guy has a TL700 (or TL400?):

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5401
11-23-2012, 07:03 AM,
Yeah under close magnification mine looks a little weird. But not so much like looking at it regularly.

The problem I believe is that when they ventilate skin pieces they care a lot about hiding the edge.. Its like a big priority. So if you have longer hair like one of the pictures you posted that looked good. his hair goes forward over the hairline than swoops back up and overall it fit him well.. But if you cut the hair shorter and you try to get a spikey look or comb the hair back, it starts looking not as natural as lace because the hairs want to go forward.. and your forcing them back so the loops bend. that is why my hairline looks like that under close magnification. If i wore the hair like the other guy, the loops wouldn't be bending and shaped like that.
11-23-2012, 08:06 AM,
I order all my stock-pieces (Lace or NG) direct from factory, i have ordered from Toplace & Coolpiece a lot few years back... But the prices are so high...
From factory i pay USD 120 (lace Swiss & French) is even a few bucks cheaper...
The specifications are exactly the same as the stock from TL or CP, so i hardly cant believe there would be a different in quality?

The bad thing about my NG stock-pieces is the hair... it looks after 4 max 6 weeks like a dead rat, sometimes even after 3 weeks... the hair also falls out quick, after 3 weeks there is less density, but the front looks even more natural i use high quality styling products and care products from salons (never drugs-store products would kill the hair even faster) the pieces are compleet invisible, but to be honest, on pictures i always see (so i don't like to be on pictures anyway for that) but nobody around me know, i wear, and my BF and some friend i have told, they still say they never see that my hair is a piece, but still I refuse to go a lot on pictures…

I havent ordered any NG from TL, but iam wondering if they use the same hair? Indian Remy hair... all companies and the factory i buy from claim to use it, but is that for real?
Would there be a difference between the Factory stock's i buy (not TL) and the TL factory ones?

How long does people get out of TL's NG?

To be clear, there are +100 factory's in china, indonesian, Bangladesh etc. but the price's are absurd 289 excl. shipping from TL & i pay 120 incl. shipping for the exact piece? that would make me real disappointed, but i will order one's from TL, to see if there is really a different!

Will put a review on this forum when i have it in.

(sorry ENG is not my mother language)
11-23-2012, 05:15 PM,
Krd I know what you mean. But a lot of people don't have luck in finding a good factory themselves to order from. Its like anything else.. If you go to a salon they charge you 100's more or thousands more. So for a lot of people toplace and coolpiece are deals.. Of course if you order from the factory direct your cutting out the middle man. But companies like Toplace there job is to find the best factories and give you the best service without having to deal with the Chinese directly. I have no idea if the pieces you are getting are the same better or worse then toplaces.. The only way you would know is if you tried out different companies. My opinion is most hair systems are pretty standardized. They are a lot cheaper than people realize.. but consistency and getting your orders correct is the big issue. I mean what good is a system if the color is wrong or doesn't fit your head right.
11-24-2012, 01:55 AM,
What you are paying for when you use a company like Toplace or other is the peace of mind that should the factory mess up the order, someone who is experienced in dealing with the factories is there to sort out the issue and make sure each customer gets what they want. I have had problems with units before and John has always sorted it out, sometimes at his own expense. You don't get that when dealing with the factory directly.