Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL400 vs TL700 for cutting into front partials
11-22-2012, 12:40 PM,
TL400 vs TL700 for cutting into front partials
I am planning on placing my first order. My frontal hairline is just not holding up that well anymore. My crown is still good enough and should be for at least a year (or maybe two) so in the mean time I want to do front partials.

I've thought a lot about lace vs skin and the benefits/costs of each. Since my hair has been a comb-forward style for the past almost 20 years, I won't be showing my hairline (except when the wind blows). I don't enjoy the prospect of cleaning lace or worrying about a grid or knots showing up. So overall, skin seems the best option.

To clarify: The TL400 is injected, and the TL700 is v-looped, right? Any thoughts on which would make a better option?

My hairline is like this kind of though a bit higher overall, so I will be doing the same:
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4466

I'm constantly going back and forth in my mind between the two skini options and I really need to just place an order ...

Thanks.
11-23-2012, 03:44 AM,
RE: TL400 vs TL700 for cutting into front partials
Not sure that cutting a front-partial from a thin-skin base would work out... depends on the width you`d need... the new thinner materials might not withstand the stresses of de-bonds ...I`m merely thinking ` aloud`..... I have no experience with them ,as I wear French lace. There wouldn`t really be any knot-visibility with a lace front-partial as the front is always bleached and the hair is graduated density... .. I certainly don`t want to put you off getting a skin-system, but I find French lace to be quite robust and undetectable to sight..... it`s not as ` heavy` as it might sound....just marginally thicker than Swiss...... just ` throwing it out` for you to think about. I know it`s hard to come to a decision having never worn, but as it`s going to be a relatively ` narrow` strip of material sitting in front of your own hair, ` sturdiness` of the material should be considered....hope I haven`t muddied that water for you !