Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reduce or intentionally fade color
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM,
How to reduce or intentionally fade color
DiDi is cutting in my TL piece on friday.

The color is good but looks a little too dark, or too dark to make the change from the one i've been using all summer. Is there anyway to tone down the color a bit?
08-07-2009, 03:17 AM,
Re: How to reduce or intentionally fade color
Try washing the piece with a regular sulfate based shampoo. I've noticed a slight change in color when I do this.
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM,
Hi mate - try soaking it in lemon dawn dishwater (fairy lemon in Ireland and UK) for 20 mins

D
08-24-2009, 02:28 AM,
deano59 Wrote:Hi mate - try soaking it in lemon dawn dishwater (fairy lemon in Ireland and UK) for 20 mins

D

so will it lighten the system a little how long will you soak it for
08-24-2009, 03:07 AM,
When you compare the color of a system that's been worn all summer in the sun to a new unit you're bound see a difference. The old system has faded from sun exosure and so has your own natural hair. Another option is to use some ADF hair color blender to blend the color of the unit to your own hair. This stuff works great!!
Regards,
John
08-25-2009, 09:59 AM,
Hi yes the dawn/fairy lemon washing up liquid will lighten it a little bit - I said 20 mins coz thats long enough to see a difference and then you can just keep doing it for that time until it has faded enough to the point where you are happy.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Dan