Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing for one year
11-19-2012, 12:03 PM,
Wearing for one year
I just realized that I've been wearing for one year now. Kinda crazy

I think my biggest complaint is that the hair is never as soft as it is when I first get a new one. The alcohol for cleanup dries the hair out and doesn't feel soft and real like I'd like it.

Any tips?

Side note - still not perfect with the hairline, but I think it's because I just use tape and order stock units.

But, still so much more confident than I was when I started. The people people around me know about it, but whatever. Im happier!

Thanks toplace!
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM,
RE: Wearing for one year
Hi Skeletor, Try using Goldwell Kerasilk Treatment. It's an amazing conditioner and successfully keeps the hair in my units much softer and more manageable as it ages. I've been using it for over 10 years now and couldn't live without it.

Simply the best conditoner to use on hairpieces ever made! (It's a little expensive though.)
I buy mine along with other supplies from HD.
11-20-2012, 09:24 AM,
Plus 1 on the Kerasilk been using it for about 5 years now. Its the best I have found!!
11-20-2012, 11:33 AM,
There are alot of kerasilk products. Which conditioner do you recommend. Is it spray on leave or the kind your only suppose to but on the ends and then rinse? thx
11-20-2012, 01:06 PM,
Hi Matthew,

Goldwell makes several different lines of products. The ones marked "Kerasilk" in the gold bottles are the ones to look for — Kerasilk Shampoo, Kerasilk Treatment (conditioner), and Kerasilk Instant Silk Fluid (a very good, light leave-in conditioner).

I highly recommend the entire line of Kerasilk products to use on any hair system (especially the treatment conditioner). These are top-notch products. I've used dozens of different products over the years, but these beat the pants off any other shampoo, conditioner, or leave-in conditioner I've ever tried on my units hands down!

I apply the Treatment to my freshly shampooed hair by putting about a quarter sized amount in the palm of my hand, then rubbing it between my hands (like you would hair gel), then distributing it through mainly the ends of my hair (I try to keep it off the knots), then leave it to absorb for a few minutes. The longer you leave it on, the softer the hair seems to get. Rinse it out with cool water for best results... A little goes a long way.
11-21-2012, 04:09 AM,
I thought the best shampoo/conditioner was L'Oreal's EverPure Sulfate-Free Colour Care line?
11-22-2012, 12:39 PM,
I tried the L'Oreal Everpure conditioner. Wasn't impressed at all. It dried my hair out and had a horrible smell. It wound up going in the trash can... I'm staying with Kerasilk!
11-22-2012, 12:43 PM,
ok the next set of ones ill buy will be those ones.

I wash twice a week, would you recommend to condition on every wash?

or do you condition on every second wash.

do you choose either rinse out conditioner or leave in conditioner.
11-22-2012, 01:14 PM,
Hi fullcapwearer,

I recommend using the Kerasilk Treatment every time you wash or rinse your hair. (You might try skipping it once to see how manageable your hair is without using it every time, though. Since the Treatment is a deep conditioner, the effects tend to last a little longer than some other types of conditioners do.) Just use it as often as you feel you need to...

Personally, I use a little of the Treatment every time I wash, then use a bit of the Instant Silk Fluid (Leave-in conditioner) as a "sealer" on my semi-dry hair as a last step when styling my hair.
11-22-2012, 08:24 PM,
I have also been using Kerasilk Instant Silk Fluid for the past 6 years or so, swear by it. Just don't use too much at a time.