Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
washing/cond hair w/unit on
11-19-2012, 03:48 AM,
washing/cond hair w/unit on
I have johnson baby shampoo and will be getting Paul Michell waxworks. This is all new to me. So the lace is poris and allows water, shampoo etc to seep under unit. It this a problem when rinsing hair? Does residual shampoo get stuck under lace? Can I leave conditioner in or do I need to wash it out? thank you
11-19-2012, 04:09 AM,
RE: washing/cond hair w/unit on
Hi Mathew.
Welcome to the forum.
I think your hair looks excellent.

The lace is well ventilated and so shampoo won't get stuck under the unit.
A good rinse will wash it all away.
But its recommended to wash your hair as infrequently as possible to prolong the life span of the unit.
I would condition (creme conditioner) lightly, just putting it on the ends of your hair, where it dries out first.
If you get conditioner right down to the base, it can loosen the knots and you get premature shedding.
One thing we wearers tend to do is use a daily spray leave-in conditioner.
Johnsons make a great daily use product called No More Tangles which I highly recommend.
11-19-2012, 04:19 AM,
Thank you for the good info. Pre-system, I have washed every day. I do have oily hair/skin after 48 hrs. How often do most wash with units? I am thinking of 3 times a week, would prefer 4 but dont want to break the bank replacing. I would like to get 3-4 months
11-19-2012, 04:56 AM,
The hair on your unit won't get as oily as it used to because its not getting fed by the follicles.
You can always wash your natural hair more often and leave the replacement hair for alternate washes.

There is the recommended amount of washing and then there is what people actually have to do.
If it needs washing, then you'll have to wash it as frequently as you need to.
Just be gentle.

As well as shortening the life span of the unit, washing (or even getting it just wet) weakens the bond, meaning more frequent attachments.

So in the end, you work out whether its better to constantly have a squeaky clean scalp & extra expense & maintenance or visa versa.

The best regime will be somewhere between the two.