Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail order cut in full cap vs topper
11-17-2012, 04:58 AM,
Mail order cut in full cap vs topper
Hi Guys,
Just wondering what the general consensus is here regarding mail order cut ins from the likes of Debbie?Also,do u think it would be easier to get a quality cut in with a full cap since there is no blending issues?
Has anyone here tried it before and if so,how does it turn out?
Thanks
11-17-2012, 07:01 AM,
RE: Mail order cut in full cap vs topper
I have done it before. but not with a full cap.. just a topper. I would imagine that it should be easier with a full cap because like you said no blending issue.. When i got it, I had to blend it a lot myself. I would send her a picture of exactly the style you want etc. I can't see why she wouldn't be able to do it. If you send clear pictures of what you want, and there is no blending issues.. than I guess its up to the expertise of the person. And I think most peopel were happy with her work
11-17-2012, 07:03 AM,
I have used Debbie, and she is great. I have used some stylists here in Chicago, and they weren't as good as Debbie, and I was sitting in their chairs! You might need a minor tweak that any stylist can do for you. I had one piece were the front was a bit too long. I went to my barber, and he cut it down no charge. Was in his chair for about 3 minutes. You also can't beat her prices. By the way, I wear a topper.
11-19-2012, 09:29 PM,
Thanks for your help guys.
I will start out with a topper but will go to full cap pretty soon after i think as my sides are crap.It would be great if Debbie could cut them in as i woldnt have to worry about moving cities or whatever and trying to find a new stylist.
Do u think from your experience her mail order cut ins are better than guys who use the robocutter to cut their piece?i was considering this option but as a newbie,id rather have help from an expert at the begging.
Cheers
11-23-2012, 08:04 AM,
If your template is very accurate and you aren't trying to pull off a crazy short style you should be ok with a remote cut-in for a full cap. The problems would likely come in if you were to need to do tweaking to the base after it is cut, and this would be exacerbated with a shorter style.