Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics
11-21-2012, 08:49 AM,
RE: Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics
No, I don`t put glue on top of tape.... when I said ` combination` I meant tape on one area and glue on the other i.e. front and side-flaps glued, and from just behind the ears, around the nape, tape. Not everyone can remove a fullcap nightly, for practical reasons...... I`m lucky that way-- I have time in the mornings to re-attach it..... but I only use a single layer of glue and 3 short strips of tape .... if I needed to leave it in place longer, I`d use several layers of glue and apply tapes all the way along the perimeter ..possibly even use a long strip of tape from front-to-back across the crown for ` extra` hold across the top of the head.... you could just ask John to have the factory reproduce the density on the flaps/sides that they gave me, if you think it would work for you... I deliberately made the template to come ` down` in front of the ears.....I wanted to factor-in for the possibility of eventual lace shrinkage....this happened a system I had before.....it`s not as noticeable on a [relatively] smaller Topper, but with a Fullcap, especially there in front of the ears, if the flaps are a little short to begin with, any shrinkage will be very noticeable.

Few more pics added to show you the shape of the flaps.
p.s. the yellow object in the last pic is simply a clothes-peg holding the front of the system [lace] up off the glue while it cures.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics - Paul In Ireland - 11-21-2012, 08:49 AM