Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics
11-15-2012, 06:47 AM,
Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics
Hi everyone, I went to the stylist today and she took a bit more off the system... it had looked a bit ` full` ....... hopefully, the pic-quality is a bit better this time. The hair is still a bit ` lively`, but I have to just let it settle down now, rather than do any more cutting. The back still looks thick, but in reality, it`s actually ok...just the way the camera makes it look.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-15-2012, 07:19 AM,
RE: Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics
looks nice paulie. One question though. I notice on all full caps.. not just yours the side burn area always looks kind of the same. I was wondering why no one grows out their side burns a little bit to kind of blend into the ending of the piece.. you know like have it tapering down using your own natural side burns a little bit. I think that is what I would do. I would use a razor comb on the side burn areas and feather into my own and have mine going into almost stubble. That way it looks like its growing.. I think it would add a lot of realism and change up that full cap side burn area look. But whatever, its not that important still looks great and i doub tanyone would think twice.
11-15-2012, 07:44 AM,
Yeah Xeon, I think JRob does that/suggests it... I used to keep a bit of my own hair there--got rid of it a few months ago....might just leave it grow back a bit there and see how it looks .... I might just shorten that hair a little bit anyway...the lace-edge is `up` about 1/3 of an inch ` behind` the hair just there----- I deliberately left them a little on the long side for the moment..... your suggestion is valid though.....will give it a whirl ! Cheers buddy.
11-15-2012, 08:07 AM,
It looks natural for a fullcap. Great work. But, do you really like going for the balding look? With a hair system the luxur is you can get the look of a full head of hair. You're going to a lot of effort to look like someone who is heavily thinning. Also, with shedding does it not mean th elife span of your pieces is short? I start with slightly more hair than I need so that as it sheds I still get 4+ months before I look like my hair is thin. Also, does such a light density not mean it's hard to hide the lace? Having said that, if it works for you that is all that matters.
11-15-2012, 08:32 AM,
Hairenough,It`s just the way the digital camera makes it look -- it seems to almost ` see through` the hair-----in reality it looks thicker [ it is !] I normally get anywhere up to 7 or 8 months from a system with minimal shedding [touch wood ! ] I like a bit of scalp show-through -- I`m over 50 yrs old so thicker hair would not look normal on me.
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM,
Hey hairenough,
When u say "looks natural for a fullcap" do u man that the crown areas can look a bit thick on full caps sometimes?
Thats the only issu i can see with this piece everything else looks real good.
11-21-2012, 04:15 AM,
I am trying to get that hair growing from sides look on the side of my full cap, right now i just cover it with thicker hair.

is your side burns/hair in front of your ears come from your full cap system?

Did you ask for a transitional hairline at the sides, and low density as well?
11-21-2012, 05:33 AM,
Hi fullapwearer, yeah all the hair you see is system-hair. I didn`t specify particular densities as such.... I sent John a few pics of previous styles I wore and just asked that they make it to allow some age-appropriate , scalp show-through, so in effect, I left it up to the factory, based on what they saw. Those pics, unfortunately, are not as ` sharp` as I`d like, and the flaps look thicker than they actually are. I took a few more pics since then, and will go through them and post the clearer ones in a while.
11-21-2012, 05:51 AM,
wow, im especially interested in more pics like picture number 6.

I deal with captain hair atm, they are one of the biggest names in the UK, the guy behind it said that with full cap, we cannot imagine having hair growing from scalp in the side burns area.

I asked the factory for a transitional hairline at the sides of the full cap system, hopefully that will help them re-create that.

there are a few other full-cap ones on this site, but they had thick hair at sides with no see-through look at the sides.

I use Got2BGlued for full bond but Find I need ORWG's strength for the front line, do you find you need that level of hold for the sides, I would assume if you have hair like that a girl wont be able to move her fingers through your hair without the base unit coming up.
11-21-2012, 07:05 AM,
Hi again, I remove this nightly, so only do a ` light` hold, but if I required a longer-term than that, I`d use a combination of tape and glue such as ORWG as follows : Glue the front hairline and area in front of the ears, and tape on the perimeter just behind the ears and the nape....Got2B is very practical too .... good for holding the crown and back of the head... I like to leave as much of the scalp ` breath` as I can, so 90% of my system is not held-down in any manner--that`s a personal preference. I think using glue around the front area, minimises the risk of detection-to-touch of the lace edge ---you can never guarantee it though..there will always be some element of risk ...just one of the ` joys` of wearing !
A few pics for you... the first pic shows the left ear-flap--my thumb is sitting on the temple area, the 2nd one shows the same side but my hand is supporting the system from underneath,the third shows the view of the right-hand side.The hair is a bit damp as I had misted it with water before I took them.....hope they help/are of interest !

p.s. the last pic shows where I`m leaving the area just below the hair unshaved as suggested by Xeon005 ..... hopefully it will help add more realism, when the hair ` comes on`.

Attached Files Image(s)