Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Base Design Recommendations.
11-12-2012, 07:31 AM,
Some Base Design Recommendations.
Some might find this post a waste, perhaps some might find it useful. I been wearing hair for awhile and one of the things I am always working on is how to make life easier wearing.. I just want things to be as simple and fast as possible in regards to attachment and clean up. Here are some recommended base designs that I feel work well for me. Not everyone is the same, but here goes.

A side note my systems have temple flaps. I usually attach them with got2b glued no matter the base.. If you don't have temple flaps just ignore them.

The first picture is the standard all lace. Advantage is you can use tapes which are really easy to remove and most tapes today don't leave a sticky residue. the trick for me is to create the front hairline with the same curvatures as the tapes I will be using. this will cut down on time having to trim and cut the tapes up to fit. To do this use tape contours on ur forehead as a guide when making ur template. Also u can attach the tapes onto the temple itself at the front hairline .. When you get the Unit.. attach tape to the front than trim off the extra lace by following the tape outline. This should give u a perfect fit to the tape contours.

Picture 2 is an all skin system. I hear the new skins look great and many people can attach them just using got2b glued or even just a spritz of water. They material supposedly vacuums itself to your head.

Picture 3 is a combo of lace and skin. A kind of weird combo. This would work for me because I still would like the comfort of a lace base and the ease of using tapes such as super tape for the base attachment. For the front. I am using orwg .. just a little bit on the skin. Glue is easier to take off skin than lace because it doesn't seep into the holes.

each has its advantages, but these are just some combinations that interest me the most.

Attached Files Image(s)