Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleached knots on skin unit
11-12-2012, 06:28 AM,
Bleached knots on skin unit
I remember awhile ago BA said he was able to bleach knots on skin units. I never really have heard about anyone getting that though. Im curious why this seems to never be done. i seen knots on skin systems before and they are really tiny, but never bleached. Can anyone tell me why skin units can't be bleached.

I think if they could, it would be ideal.. U-looping im not that fond of it.. The ventilation doesn't appear as natural to me. Granted I never saw a toplace U looped unit. .but the ones i have .. there alrite .. Just like the ventilation on lace with knots better.

I guess if they don't bleach knots on skin.. and u still want those small knots.. maybe ordering blonde and then dyeing the hair yourself.. etc
11-12-2012, 10:24 AM,
RE: Bleached knots on skin unit
Skin units don't have thousands of holes like lace systems so how would the bleach reach the knots from the underside? And anyway, with injected skin systems there shouldn't be any knots.
11-12-2012, 10:48 AM,
I don't know how the bleaching process works. I just remember BA and another company said they can have it done on request. So perhaps they are adding the bleach directly to the knots on top. I have no idea. Thus the question.

Not everyone wants injection because there are some inherent problems with it. For one I am not even sure how that would stand up on a super thin skin base. It would probably shed like crazy. Injection sometimes doesn't look natural to people or the hair movement is too stiff .. I never had it so I can't say.
11-13-2012, 02:31 AM,
Injection can't really be done on the thinnest thin skin because there's just not enough material to inject into very well. That's why the really thin skins out there (like 0.03mm) are v-looped. I prefer the look of injection and think it looks much more realistic than lace. The hairs go in a uniform direction, like real hair does. With a lace piece, after a few weeks you can have hairs going any random direction. I see photos from members here and there will be a hair coming out to the left, the one next to it coming out to the right, the one next to it going straight down etc. Real hair does not grow that way. Also there are the knots, which are really bad on darker pieces. If anyone saw my crown close up they'd say "WTF". Injected thin skin doesn't have knots so you get a realistic scalp look. But the hairlines do not look very good in my opinion. That's why I think an injected thin skin with SFS front might be the best combination.

I did see one skin hairline that looked pretty amazing but I don't know if it is injected or v-looped. Here is the video. You can skip to 2.40: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw4FE6RjG...re=related

The problem with this skin is even after he cuts off that excess base out front, there will still be a line and people will notice it when certain light angles cast a shadow down. There will be a big straight line across his forehead. But the ventilation is the most natural I have seen yet. If there was a way to make the front edge taper thinner to the very edge it might work, but this would be a whole new concept in base design. Someone with the technology should try it.
11-13-2012, 06:49 AM,
I didn't even see the excess skin till you told me LOL. my eyes automatically go right up to the hairline. Yeah the ventilation is very well done. The hairs look finer too for some reason. I would be happy with that piece for sure. It looks as good as lace.

Yeah injection would make sense to look nice on the scalp. But I think its a risk too. If its injected in a way you don't want than u might be stuck with it.. I hear they look kind of flat etc.. and hard to have diff styles with them. Maybe I am wrong. I really haven't had a problem with lace on the scalp. but I can understand the appeal definitely of single injected hairs into skin.
11-14-2012, 09:16 PM,
Here is a video about bleaching knots byself

http://www.hairdirect.com/video/how-to/b...knots.aspx

Im curious if this would really work?!

(My Problem: I have neither a steamer nor a microwave oven Undecided)
11-15-2012, 07:27 AM,
a lot of people bleach lace themselves. I am just curious about poly why some people said they could do it. Like all i really would want is the very front hairline knots bleached.. maybe in that case they could add some bleach to the top of the knots or something.

Hopefully John chimes in.. Could you order the piece blonde etc,, and they can dye the hair for you?

regards
11-15-2012, 08:10 AM,
Xeon, it's really best to order a blonde front with poly, then you can color it and have perfect knots. Or get injected thin skin front. No knots at all then. But the direction will need to either be flat back or forward for injected thin skin. It's tooo thin for them to inject it coming straight up for a spiked hairline. Or get v-looped.
11-15-2012, 10:01 AM,
Yeah, I got a couple that are v-looped.. Not from toplace.. Its alrite, im not that crazy about it to be honest. The v-loop makes it kind of look sloppy or something. Id probably go for knotted with blonde hair int he front.. I am not even sure they can do injection on the very thin skins, and I wouldn't be into having a very extreme angle that I can't restyle the way I want. I know they can make the knots EXTREMELY small on skin. I have seen skin pieces with knots that were so tiny I might not even care they are there. If those were blonde, or bleached it would be perfect. Its time they start venting skin like they do lace if this new skin is as good as everyone says. No more forward hairs trying to cover the edges.. and non staggered thick hairlines.
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM,
I just tried to bleach the knots on my black hairpiece and it didn't really work. Next time do I order a blonde piece and dye it black? If so how do you keep from dying the knots?