Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lace is more... noticeable!
11-08-2012, 01:13 PM,
lace is more... noticeable!
Hello,

I have a little issue with the lace of my hair system. I do pluck and do baby hair and so on to my system to add realism and I'm so satisfied with the result but one thing is still really bothering me : the lace in the front. It's all good when the piece is new but when it gets a bit older the lace gets kind of "stiff" (I got swiss lace) and white/yellow (while it was not noticeable at first). I know it is possible to work it out to make it anew because when the lace is wet or when I try to put some grease on it gets not noticeable again. The thing is I have no idea keep it wet or greasy, because when it's dry it screams "I've been through so much". May be I should do some deep pampering as it might be the chemicals that get the lace that noticeable. But I do take extra care of my pieces so I don't think it would do anything.

By the way, it might have been already said here, but I personally went through a successfull hair transplantation surgery in june and it's regrowing very well, so it was absolutely no way to get my hair shaved under my full cap system. The solution for me is a product called Morning glory gro protect solution. It creates a shield on your hair which, once dried, allows you to put glue or tape without having them hurting your scalp and making the system loose on your head. One other thing is to TAKE YOUR TIME while taking the hair piece off and never pull but rub. When I started years ago I had some (of my few left) hair off, especially on the temples with pulling. It works for bald or close shaved NOT when you're growing hair.

So thanks for you kind help!
11-09-2012, 03:45 AM,
RE: lace is more... noticeable!
I think it's just an age specific problem. My lace piece (I've been wearing it now for 11 months or so, day & night) is starting to look a little tired in the frontal area.
I just leave a few mil of stick-it tape extending past the edge so I can push the hairline into it. This stays pretty good for the 8-10 days bond I get.
I, like various long term wearers have said, don't strive for salon perfection everyday, I wear the wig, it doesn't wear me.
I wash my piece every 2 weeks if that (I don't gym or have an active lifestyle lol).
So to sum up my post....I'm rambling and not sure what point I'm making.
A hairpiece can last and be acceptable if you don't sweat much & stop fiddling with it all the time. Regards
11-09-2012, 07:15 AM,
One of the problems with lace besides fraying and shedding etc.. Is that the lace itself gets discolored over time. I think a big culprit of this is the front being sticky all the time. it just sucks up dirt and dust and eventually discolors the lace. I been trying to remedy this by blotting my hairline in got2b glued freeze spray after my attachment. It creates a non sticky barrier. Perhaps another product out there might work even better. I just think if we can limit the amount of stickiness, we might prolong the natural coloring of the lace. This is just a theory. But I guess its worth a shot.

Whoops sorry I responded.. I should have said.. dont' ask any questions do a search instead.
11-10-2012, 06:46 AM,
Thank you for you answers.

But Xeon005, sure I didn't notice the research tab as you can imagine and as you can also imagine terms like "lace yellow "lace old" "hide lace" gave me the answers I was looking for. This is the reason why I took time to create this post. Makes sens to me.
11-10-2012, 06:50 AM,
Its ok Imahairo. Xeon005 was just being sarcastic and referring to another thread.
His comments weren't directed at you.
11-10-2012, 06:55 AM,
(I know. I was being sarcastic the same way, it wasn't against you.)
11-10-2012, 05:52 PM,
yeah i was just busting balls.. lol. I say fuck looking up old threads, if you got a question ask it, maybe someone can give a new piece of information you might miss looking through 800 old posts.
11-10-2012, 09:35 PM,
I wrote the following below in reply to another question, but I think you should try it too.
I've never experienced the problem you are asking about and I think thats because you've got product/glue build up in your lace.

"Soak the whole piece in Autoglym Tar & Adhesive remover.
It won't harm the hair or piece and the glue will turn to jelly and be easy to remove.
http://www.towsure.com/product/Autoglym_...over_325ml "
11-11-2012, 06:29 AM,
As always, I will second the Autoglym advice. The stuff is a wonder product for glue removal.
11-11-2012, 07:02 AM,
+1 for the Autoglym, it works really good. I just soak it in and the glue comes off.