Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about toplace systems (photos)
11-04-2012, 08:35 AM,
RE: Questions about toplace systems (photos)
It doesn't color the hair (not for me) but if you are worried then use the tanning mouse, its like foam and just spread it over the lace it will dry by it self within minutes.

The color does come of after washing the system so tanning spray or mouse will need another application, but belive me it works amazingly.

You will not see the lace even without the glue by just putting the lace on skin, its the perfect color match of the tanned skin and lace that makes it dissapear.
11-04-2012, 08:53 AM,
Can anyone else confirm whether or not this tanning process is necessary for the piece to look undetectable?

And iwill: Why is the french lace hard to disappear at the hairline? Is it because its french not swiss? Do you think if you had a custom unit it would work better for you?
11-04-2012, 09:15 AM,
iwill: Interesting, and thanks for that tip. Could you perhaps post a link to a brand and shade that works best for you?
11-04-2012, 10:34 AM,
NoHairNoFair,

The tanning process is something I have worked out for my self its not necessary, if you go for the Swiss Lace you will be fine.

Now the other question you asked about French vs Swiss Lace, I will compare the two Laces from my personel experience:

French Lace:

- More durable i.e can be used a little roughly
- Lasts longer (compared to swiss lace)
- Frays less (compared to swiss lace)
- Hairline is not as good as Swiss Lace (you can see the lace sometimes)

Swiss Lace:

- Less Durable i.e can rip apart so need's a lot of care when cleaning
- Frays a lot more (compared to French Lace)
- Hairline looks completely natural (if applied correctly)

Now if I was you, I would order a custom unit with Swiss Lace hairline and the rest French Lace, if you can post your pictures here then we will be able to tell you what excatly kind of density you will need to get the best match and curl.

Making the right template I believe is an Art,
i.e if your temples are too wide and you have lost some hairs on the temple area near the side burns as it happens as we get older, in this case you cannot get your hairline too low or it will look fake.

We will need to see your pictures to give you best advise, dont be shy hide your face like I have in my pictures if you want.

ohair,

trust me we all are not only hair wearer's over here but also engineers as we are always trying to figure out new things with our system, application, glue etc

I am attaching a picture of the brand I use for tanning, its a mouse remember and the shade I use is Light as we Asian are already tanned.

Remove the system from your head, put mouse all over your head and the hairline area (you can tan your face if you want looks better) and then spray then mouse onto the lace from underneath spread it and let it dry takes 2-3 minutes.

You will see the lace color has changed, now just attach the lace with glue and boom boom boom lol .....

Another tip btw: if your hairline lifts up after few days, instead of doing a short touch up ( which involves cleaning the glue and reaplying the glue again). Here is what you can do, comb your hair back and with one hand press the lace down and spray GOT2BGlued Hair Spray over the front where the hairline is, this will give a transparent layer of Got2BGlued and will hide the lace again.

Hope this helps ....

Attached Files Image(s)

11-04-2012, 10:53 AM,
Pictures are a good idea, but I'm not ordering anytime soon. I'm at the phase where I'm just gathering information and weighing my options. If and when I decide to go through with this, putting up pictures will be one of the first things I do. I do appreciate the help. So I'm assuming the unit you would get would be a TL500?
11-06-2012, 05:33 AM,
Sometimes I don't really get the sun as much as i should lol. I was thinking about getting one of these tanners just to get a little color so I don't look like a vampire in the summer. I seen that st moriz , but its so damn expensive. is it really worth the cost?
11-07-2012, 08:01 AM,
its not expensive in UK about, I get it for £5 about $9 I guess
11-09-2012, 07:18 AM,
Wow really? Do they sell it online? I tried getting a bottle once and it was like 40 dollars or something insane.

Oh wait sorry I am thinking of st tropez or something like that
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM,
Hello Xeon005,

Based on iwill's recommendation, i just bought a bottle off Amazon. It is getting shipped from the UK and came to a total cost of $9.40 incl shiping