Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to cut a stock piece base (diagram)
10-26-2012, 03:57 AM,
How to cut a stock piece base (diagram)
We get a lot of customers that order stock (ready made) units. Some are experienced hair wearers and some a newbies that just want to try out a unit. Here's a diagram that shows how to trim the base to size. You don't want to cut the front (shown at the bottom of the diagram) since the front hair line is graduated--cutting that would leave you with a 'wall of hair.' You only cut the back and sides.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Attached Files Image(s)

11-10-2012, 06:40 AM,
RE: How to cut a stock piece base (diagram)
Does this mean we can cut the actual lace that has hair in it? Or just the excess lace? This would be huge, but I've always been afraid to do it...
11-10-2012, 08:28 PM,
RE: How to cut a stock piece base (diagram)
Yes. John isn`t referring to the excess lace which comes with all systems,stock and custom. He`s talking about the actual base / system itself . I`ve never cut out an entire [stock] system as such, but I have trimmed bits off of my systems -- usually just above the ears, as I wear Fullcap and sometimes the edge can sit onto the ear, so it needs ` tweaking` ---- I usually use a sharp blade such as on a hobby-knife, and I simply ` rub` the blade ` across` lace a few times....in a gentle sawing -motion....2 or 3 strokes and it will cut through it ...... I do it with the hair facing away from me so I`m just working at the underside of the base..... I know some people prefer to pin the system to a polystyrene head-form, place the template on top and then part hairs out of the path of the knife, and cut it around the outline of the template...... I think I`d find that a bit tricky to be honest...... I`d rather ` go at it` from the base...just gently slicing the lace with the blade but not sticking the blade ` through` to the hair ..that way you`ll avoid slicing through hair which you want to keep.....hope that makes sense!