Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever been caught?
11-13-2012, 12:14 AM,
RE: Have you ever been caught?
I got caught wearing when i was relatively new at my workplace. I avoided the person at work and left for a new job relatively quickly. How did I get caught? Newbie mistakes - the color was a bit off, as was the density etc. that morning I was donning my hat and thought hey - whats the point in having this if I'm too scared to show it off. went to work without a hat, sped through jobs - it was working at a elementary school. some of the kids i know are saying 'whoa nice hair' and i smile and keep on going through my day. at the end of it all, i'm alone with one of my co-workers.. and they say "so do you wear it because you're bothered or to keep your head warm?" .. i didnt realize it was so bad.
11-13-2012, 07:15 AM,
That is the thing.. I don't mean any disrespect or anything. but you need a sort of visual common sense with wearing hair. If people notice something as if it were completely blatant.. than chances are.. it was completely blatant.. You really need some kind of visual common sense.. Not everyone has it. I see plenty of guys out there with rugs on their head that can be seen a million miles away.. These people who wear them though,, to them they look good. They don't see anything wrong with it. These are the types of people who shoudln't be wearing a hair system.. there is def a big element of self responsibility. And lets be honest. some people are smart in certain things and idiots in other things. Some people are idiots when it comes to wearing hair systems.

now there are instances where its not someone fault. They could look good when they leave the house .. their attachment can loosen for whatever reason. or different lighting conditions expose stuff they couldn't see.. I mean these are risks. but I believe the majority of the times is something very obvious and blatant that should have been picked up on by the wearer before leaving their house.

Here is some tips.. For color issues.. SOmetimes different lighting like bright sunlight can cause the piece hair to change color.. A good remedy for this is changing up your hair style.. For example.. having shorter sides and longer as you go up like a fade.. This helps color differences a ton.. because the hair is at different lengths and even if the hair turns a diff tint in the sunlight or office light.. It still blends into your other hair..
Another remedy is styling products.. Waxworks is great for me, it gives your own hair and the piece hair a sheen and kind of blends the colors together well. Diff light won't change the hair piece hair dramatically.

Density.. common sense. You want something that looks natural and fits your age, your forehead shape and your sides. and obviously a good attachment where lace isn't sticking out and noticeable.

Try lookin at your front lace in different lighting. Get a mirror go outside and look at ur front hairline from different angles.. go in ur car.. and look in the rear view mirror. If your satisfied than you have nothing tow orry about.. if you do notice something and say holy shit.. Trim ur lace a little bit more to the hairline.. or style your hair a little differently..
11-13-2012, 10:17 AM,
love this forum,
been wearing for two years oct 2012,
it was thanks to the advice from toplace users i started wearing,

i love my hair,
iv only ever had compliments, about my hair from when i started wearing,

no one complimented me on my pre wearing hair, still pretty good from the crown ,but complimented with nano fibrers,

thats the thing if someone noticed something off, maybee a dirty or tainted yellowish hairline
with the glue breaking down, and you saying ohh ill leave the touch up till tommorow,
would they know it was a bonded hairline itys that subtle it could be a skin condition.

if wearing is the last last thing on youre mind, (non wearers)
then even if somethings off youre not lightly to be busted,

it could be a skin condition,
my confidence waynes a bitt, because of my lazziness,
week one, or day one washed new bond, i feel top confident dog.

but despite all this, its like wearing prozac, seratonin,endorphines.

it makes you feel well,just at ease again with yourself,

and unlike my last months with nano fibers,

wearing a decent haior system

you might put in 90 mins de bonding, cleaning , washing,
but...........

"its so bloody worth it,"
and theres no real compromise,

im here once, i m looking my best, theres no second chance, im not comming back.

i cant beleive i look so good, again...i love the next best thing to a natural head of hair bar a transplant.

if youre comming to the end of the road,with concealers,like i was.

jump aboard, start living.

dont go for second best medications,they dont work. stop praying for new growth,
i took every pill maybee two a day for a few years,

did they work, well...did they hell.

invest in a good hair system.

im rambling , why because im passionate about wearing and ill help anyone in my situation.

because iv been through the hell, now im in heaven
11-18-2012, 04:46 PM,
I use to get spotted all the time 15+ years ago when I was an HCM client. I would be walking through a mall or somewhere out in public and people would stare at my head like it was on fire. I was at a family reunion 17 years ago and my grandfather who was blind in one eye and had only partial vision in the other kept staring at my head and asked if I was wearing a wig. That hit me like a ton of bricks. Sad Can't even begin to tell you how miserable I was back then.
11-27-2012, 10:24 AM,
KenJJ what exactly made it so obvious? Do you still get spotted now?
11-27-2012, 11:20 AM,
I think NoHairNoFair is more interested in gathering horror stories than actually wanting to solve his problem of hair loss.
11-27-2012, 11:31 AM,
I'm just trying to learn why people were spotted and what mistakes they made. That would help me figure out if it is possible for ME to use this solution, based on whether those mistakes are avoidable.
11-27-2012, 11:41 AM,
My problem is that you don't seem to be acnowledging anything else thats being said, EXCEPT for the negatives.

If I were you and was concerned about making mistakes, I would concentrate on asking questions on how to avoid those mistakes, rather than JUST asking for more details about the mistake itself.

I'll repeat what I wrote when you first asked the question:

If someone did get 'caught' it would be the fault of the wearer, not the wig.
The reasons would be:
You made the wrong choices when ordering
You've positioned the piece badly on your head
You've allowed the attachment to weaken
You went from being bald to a head full of hair over-night

As I said, if you truly wanted to avoid any of the above, it would be better to ask how to get it right than soley focusing on what went wrong.
11-27-2012, 12:01 PM,
I suppose your right. And those reasons seem to avoidable without much hassle. I just want to know all the reasons, and not just those common reasons, so I can avoid them. Unless ofcourse, I'm underestimating hair pieces.
11-27-2012, 04:21 PM,
I promise you, there is no way that hearing in more detail how a wig, 15 years ago (constructed in a material no longer available today) and therefore exposed its wearer, will be of benefit.

As helpful advice, these historic anecdotes are no longer relevant as information that will help you move forward.