Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever been caught?
11-05-2012, 09:48 AM,
Have you ever been caught?
Have you ever been caught or noticed wearing your hair system in any way? And has anyone ever questioned whether or not you were wearing one, or whether or not your hair was real?
11-05-2012, 11:46 PM,
RE: Have you ever been caught?
If someone did get 'caught' it would be the fault of the wearer, not the wig.
The reasons would be:
You made the wrong choices when ordering
You've positioned the piece badly on your head
You've allowed the attachment to weaken
You went from being bald to a head full of hair over-night

You must also remember that not everybody hides the fact they're wearing and will quite happily & proudly let others know.
11-06-2012, 05:29 AM,
I have been wearing since early 2000, I haven't had any problems yet thank god. He is right.. Generally, your chances of getting caught or questioned has to do more with your own mistakes than the system. If you have the right system, and its attached properly cut and styled and matched properly no one is really going to question it. But there are factors. I mean if your bald one day and have hair another day than people will be suspicious im sure.

Sometimes people might get caught when its not their fault. I won't say its their fault 100 percent of the time. But thats usually the case. Or someone older who doesn't have a system thats right for them. too thick density. too low of a hairline etc.
11-06-2012, 08:52 AM,
"You must also remember that not everybody hides the fact that they're wearing and will quite happily and proudly let others know".

I fall into this category. I went from major thinning on top to quite a lot of hair when I went to Apollo and then returned to work a couple days later. Some people knew right away what I did and others just noticed something was different. Some people talked behind my back and made jokes about it while others were complementing me on doing something about the problem. The important thing is wearing made me feel better and that's all that matters.

Just remember, whether people are saying good things about you, or bad things, the important thing is they're thinking about you.
11-06-2012, 10:18 AM,
This is a never ending question. Did you ever get caught, did you ever get busted has someone ever asked you??????? We are wearing a system and if we go from bald/thinning to a full head of hair, like dah of coarse people notice. Some are very reserved and will not ask and some have no class and will bring it to everyones attention. One cannot erase all the before pictures or memories of the thinning/balding you. When a 60 year old wears 100% density, that could be a give away. When an older gent wears darkest black without any white thats another possible give away. If one does not clean up the front and you can see wear the lace starts that another give away!!!!! Just to put things in prespective. A flat chested woman gets a boob job and goes to 38d, like yah all will notice but how many will actually make it a point to ask?. Have I ever been caught YES!! did it bother me no, I sometimes go out without my hair but do put a baseball cap on. I cannot hide my past, I wear and denying it will only make it worse. However when people ask me I am alittle creative with my answer. Yes I do wear, I had an implant, I had a artificial skin base made to the exact size of my bald spot . Injected my own hair into it and permantly bonded to my scalp. That usually shuts them up. If you worry about being caught you are always running ahead of being discovered. Do it for you and if they ask be creative. After awhile the only one that really makes a big thing about it is the wearer and no one else. Wear it well and enjoy it, stop worrying about something that you cannot change. A good night to all
11-06-2012, 12:47 PM,
msebas:
How did you get caught?
11-06-2012, 11:15 PM,
See? This last question from NoHairNoFair highlights why I don't like these threads about being busted.
Despite all the positive and useful points made in response, NoHairNoFair is actually only interested in hearing something that might confirm his worst fears.
11-07-2012, 01:36 AM,
I ask only one question. What would be worse, on the very rare occasion being "caught out", or being bald the rest of your life. End of story.
11-07-2012, 06:01 AM,
Look. Honestly, the last thing I want is for people to know I wear a hair system. I know some people don't care, and I salute them. To each his own. What I am trying to tell you is that it is possible to wear hair and keep it a secret. That is what I have been doing. I have friends who wouldn't hold back if they had the slightest idea. They would rip me apart. And i passed the test of time. No one ever knew.. if they did, I WOULD KNOW. trust me. Its not like they know and don't say anything to not hurt my feelings. The people I know are the complete opposite. They are ball busters. they would tell EVERYONE. So I am telling you I was in a real bad situation because of these sort of people. And I did it. I honestly don't worry about getting caught at all anymore. Sure anything is possible, so is getting hit by a truck or dieing tomorrow. You can't live life worrying about what if's.

Just know that if you learn what you need to .. have eyeballs that work, and good common sense.. If you have these things, than you can wear and no one has to know.

The main reason why it was easier for me in the transition is because no one really knew I was going bald. Id always wear hats, and when i didn't wear hats, id cover up my baldness with cosmetic concealer. people just thought i had weird hair. It didn' tlook bald, it just looked like a funky hair style. Than i went to a small partial, than a regular hair system. So I made a gradual transition. If your bald and people know you as bald and than you have hair well theres nothing you can really do in that situation. They know you did something.
11-07-2012, 07:40 AM,
Hello there, I was `caught`, how I hate using that word because it implies we were caught doing something wrong. I will refrase it. I arose suspision from my friend , totaly my fault!!!!!, I wore a piece longer than I should have. I was wearing the famous BA piece, I loved it to so much I wore it even though I knew I should of gotten rid of it a few months before. This was at a time when everything was still up in the air about wether we would be recieveing those elusive Ba hair pieces!!!! We were at the gym after sweating alot,he told me right up front, `Get rid of that piece, its worn out` and that is exactly what I did. Like I said totally my fault. But in all honestly I am a avey organized person but will not spen hours in front of a mirror. So yes I am guilty of not letting the hair rule my life.