Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Tape, any advice?
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM,
RE: Changing Tape, any advice?
Walker makes a new "thick" scalp protector. You can find it at HD in their Store under
Care & Maintenance > Scalp & Hair Protection.
11-20-2012, 02:08 AM,
Yes I also use Walker Scalp Protector and it works wonders for me. It reduces the sweating and the itching. When using Tape or any product for the first time, one has to be careful. Make sure that the product sits well with you and your skin. What works wonders for one could be bad for someone else. Glues and tapes shold always be patch tested to make sure there will be no adverse reactions. Walker is a well respected name in the industry and their quality control is 2nd to none. If one has a allegic reaction to a tape or scalp protecter, remove as soon as possible wask the scalp give it a little rest and retry with another brand.
11-20-2012, 06:50 AM,
hmmm.. I want to try it. I never used scalp protector before.. I am curious to see if using got2b glued along with scalp protector might increase the bond time etc. Anyone ever try this? Plus I could use it with super tape.. that tape sometimes gives me a rash..

Let me ask you something.. Is it easy to remove the scalp protector.. Like if you use it for a few days and detatch..
11-20-2012, 08:02 AM,
Hello Scalp Protector is like an invisable barrier on your skin. It works like a very thin anti persperant. There is really nothing to remove, only thing is that when you apply it, I would wait a good 10 minutes before applying tape or glue. It has extended my bonding time by about a week.
11-20-2012, 04:29 PM,
I thought it was like a barrier that gets hard .. I hear people talking about how it flakes off.. Etc
11-22-2012, 12:50 AM,
I started wearing with Walker No Shine. Wore for months with relatively no irritation except some minor itching/scratching however, developed a rash and decided to try blue liner tape. Instantly had reaction so now using got2b but still would like to find a tape that does not cause irritation, so this is for anyone who is sensitive to tape and found one that worked for them. First 2 pics are reaction to Walker, last one is blue liner which at first thought was sweat but was in fact puss (gross!)

Pics came up wrong, 1st and 3rd was walker, 2nd is blue liner. Sorry so big

Attached Files Image(s)

11-22-2012, 01:54 AM,
Give Stick-it tape a try. Each type of tape has it's own unique chemistry, so sometimes you just have to keep trying them until you find one that is compatible with your skin type. Definitely try out the new Walker "thick" scalp protector too. It's supposed to create a much better barrier between the scalp and any type of adhesive.
11-25-2012, 07:31 AM,
I have tried the Walker's scalp protector with the red lid and its cool, and I've also tried the "Thick" and it is definitely thick, Kind of hard to get it started out of the dabber.. I cant say one is better than the other as I'm still trying to find a method of attachment that I "love" lol... ugh.. Thanks to all of you that chimed in, I know "which tape" is a tired old subject, I'm always hoping in my absence I've missed some awesome new product I've never heard of, sometimes I have!
11-25-2012, 09:25 AM,
Eric thjat really looks like a bad reaction to tape. The rash is your body`s way of saying no!!1 not a good match for us. Apart from all the advise you will be getting stick to 1 day attachments for awhile and remove at night to give your skin a break. If possible during a week-end do not apply anything, go out with a baseball cap and do ot apply any harsh chemicals at all. Give it a break.. Let it recouperate. When it get better stick with the one day attachments and again if possible evey now and then go natural without the hair piece. Remember one thing sometimes it is not only the tape or glue. Our debonding and rebonding puts alot os stress on our skin. We put alcohol usually 99% followed by some sort of residu remover and then a couple of washings and then again maybe somemore alcohol just to make sure all the oils are taken out. The skin on its own produces oils to act as a protector and we assault it by removing all these natural oils. It will be ok just relax for awhile.
11-25-2012, 01:45 PM,
Yea, I gave it a 2 week break to heal, used product called scalpacin and used plain olive oil at night time and all cleared up fine. I still obviously like the hold I got from tape better than just using Got2b glued but until I find a tape that does not cause a reaction will stick with Got2b. I still have not mastered attaching with tape by myself too well so daily attaching with tape not really an option for me that's why was hoping someone who has reactions to tape might have found one that was ok for them. I know everyone is different but figured if someone experienced reaction I had and found one that didn't cause one I could give that a try. Until then I guess will stick to Got2b, I have mastered that attachment by myself and absolutely no adverse reactions just wish hold was better. Thanks for the suggestions!