Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Tape, any advice?
11-04-2012, 04:10 AM,
Changing Tape, any advice?
Howdy, I've read thru the threads and thought I'd holler and see if anyone had anything good to say about Walker Ultra Hold tape vs stick it tape, I've been using supertape and I'm getting a little irritated from it, Blue Liner is a little too messy, and I break down tapes big time, and walker no shine my body breaks down super fast. Looking for a super strong hold, with as little break down as possible. Any input appreciated.
11-04-2012, 07:06 AM,
RE: Changing Tape, any advice?
yeah the super tape got bad shit in it. I don't care what anyone says. Ive tried many tapes and glues and thats the only one to give me a reaction. They def have something shady in that tape. But it does work good.. maybe try that new scalp protector people are talking about with the super tape.

I tried walker ultra hold tape. I can't really say because the first time I tried it it wouldn't stick to the lace or my scalp second time it was very shiny for the front hairline. It might be good I don't know.. I think stickit tape works pretty good for a strong bond and low residue.
11-05-2012, 04:02 PM,
I say this all the time: Try Extendabond. It's the best I've ever used. Amazing hold and no breakdown for me.
11-07-2012, 03:06 AM,
Hey do you mind telling me what vendor I can use, I'm having no luck on HD and I see it on Debbie's site in 1 foot sections, is that the only way it comes?

I'm definitely going to try Stick-it, I keep seeing it mentioned, thanks!
11-07-2012, 05:44 AM,
I think on hairdirect they call it proflex? wasn't extendabond really proflex. or airflex or something? Or am I thinking of something else.
11-18-2012, 04:13 AM,
Thanks!

I tried the Stick it tape this past week. No such luck so far, it didnt hold that good for me, and when I used the hair dryer to warm it up quickly to stick it to the lace, the paper stuck to the glue from only a couple seconds, maybe its a bad batch but it was a mess.. Super Tape worked good, but it irritated me, Blue Liner is good, but super messy, I've tried proflex before, going to give it another shot, along with Walker Ultra hold and see what happens, I had no luck with the Walker No Shine, fingers crossed on the Ultra Hold.. Anything I'm missing give me a shout.
Have a good weekend!
11-18-2012, 04:50 AM,
Walker Ultra Hold tape is the best one that I've tried.
11-18-2012, 07:32 AM,
Thats awesome to hear! I'm definitely stoked to try it
11-18-2012, 11:40 AM,
Hello Beersnob, selecting a tape that works best for you is kind of a trial and errer. There are tapes that have excellent grip and ho^lding power but are a bother to clean up. There are tapes that are gentle on the skin and are not that good on the hold. A tape that works well for you might not work well for me. There is no science to it at all. If a tape gives you an itch or rash it does not mean at all that there is something wrong with the tape. Its just that the makeup of the glue does not sit well for you. I use by choise walker no shine in the front hairline and supertape all arround. I did switch to Supertape Low Profile but the hold was no good for me. This however led me to the discovery of Durabond/Prolex/Extendabond minitabs. I am quite surprised by the holding power of those little mini tabs. I have noticed that a chamge in my body chemistry for what ever the reason will affect the durability of the hold.
This is my personal ratings for the tape I have used!!!

The ratings are based on the durability of the bond and the ease of the cleanup.
1. Supertape
2. Walker No Shine
3. Extendabond or Proflex.
I have come to the coblusion that the best and least expensive place to buy these tapes is on Hair Direct.

Just to clear up a point made. The bad rap Supertape got awhile back was not Suupertape but rather Supertape Low Profile. Supertape Low Profile is like SP but alot thinner making it a good choise for the front hairline. It just did not work well for me.People were not happy with the durablility of the hold and with some people the hold would come undone in as little as a sew days. However Supertape remains very high up there in the ratings. Do try Scalp Protector which is a barrier between the glue/tape and your scalp. It has been getting good results from many of our posters.
11-19-2012, 06:42 AM,
Which scalp protector is getting the best reviews? I know some people don't like, because it flakes off easily.. But there was a scalp protector product that people were raving about, but I just don't remember the name or who makes it etc..

I agree everyone is different when it comes to tapes and glue etc.. But I think there is something in the super tape that causes a reaction with people. I say this because I am not sensitive.. and I never had a reaction to anything before.. I don't have allergies or sensitive skin. Super tape is a nice tape.. But There was definitely something in it that is an irritant.