Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap template - important question
10-30-2012, 09:51 PM,
full cap template - important question
Hi there,

I got an important question for my full cap template.

I will make it a bit bigger, because bigger is better than too small! When I attach it, is it important that the full cap matches the lines of my natural hair at the sides and back excactly? I used my frontal hairline point for the hairline of the template, so I can use that, when I attach the hair system. I'm wondering if I need the side and back lines, too!?

I don't have a good idea of that, yet, but I wanted to order first and then learn about the attachment.

Thx!

Andy
11-01-2012, 05:58 AM,
RE: full cap template - important question
Andy, I made mine to ` follow` the line/s of my own temples and down the ear flaps....... I originally kept a very small amount of my growing hair at the nape and directly in front of the ears, but this did not mean I made the template ` smaller` there [I have since shaved it all off] --- I made my best guesstimate of the coverage I needed and made the template to that shape/size......... I just took delivery today of a new Toplace Fullcap...... will have it cut -in shortly and will post pics........ on this latest system, for the nape, I used this thought: I wanted the finished [cut] hair to be no more than 1/2 an inch ` below` the perimeter, so that it doesn`t tend to stick out, as shorter hair tends to ` sit-in` properly against the skin there..... if you can mark your neck with a horizontal line,representing where your hair will ` end`, then come up from there with another horizontal line which will be where your perimeter/edge will sit.... somewhere between 1/4 of an inch to no more than 1/2 an inch max. between both lines......the general guidance for the nape area is to have the perimeter sitting just under the occipital bone [the circular bone at the base of the skull] ...in my case, I find it best to come ` down` further.....you`ll have to use your own judgement on it...... I also find it best to keep your perimeter ` down` just behind the ears too--it helps the hair to curl inwards towards the back of the ears...if it`s a bit ` high` it can look a bit odd. Hope that makes sense /hasn`t confused you.
11-07-2012, 07:23 AM,
RE: full cap template - important question
I hope I understand rightly what you mean...my first language isn't english, so I had to read it again, but I think now I got it.

I am ready with my template! Smile so I now can order!

you're the best anyway, paul! you help me so much all the time! thank you!