Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some questions answered. Any help appreciated
10-30-2012, 07:13 PM,
Need some questions answered. Any help appreciated
Okay so basically I have decided to try the hair piece route. I have run out of options. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on bosley when the results aren't even that good. I am a young guy, 23 years old and I need nice looking hair. I am currently thinning all around and my hairline has receded. My father is a nw6 and I started balding at around age 19. I am currently a nw5 and you don't know how much it sucks. I can't go out or do anything without wearing a hat. I don't look good with a bald head so shaving it all off is out of the question. I want to wear but i think i'd require a full cap. I have looked at some of the pictures on the front page and they look good. I had some questions which i wanted to be answered. Does wearing a wig kill your remaining hair off? I know it gets hot and sweaty under the wig so that leads to more hair loss. Also can you swim and exercise with it not feeling itchy or sweaty? Also how is it wearing a wig in hot weather because if its anything like a hat then that's miserable.
10-31-2012, 02:30 AM,
RE: Need some questions answered. Any help appreciated
I wear a lace topper and I don't get any hot and sweaty feeling. I can't feel it on my head. When you are new to wearing you will feel something there but after a few days or weeks you won't be able to feel anything. If you go with a full head bond rather than perimeter bond you shouldn't get any itching. With the right bond you can exercise and swim every day and get at least a week out of an attachment. Go for it! It will change your life.
10-31-2012, 02:56 AM,
I had the same worries as you.. also my skin is the most sensitive on earth lol haha
I have severe itching. I tried skin base with glue and not too much hassle, and I forgot it was there from the time I applied.

I have surfed in big waves in the ocean, had a swim in the hot sun, party and had sex with 0 problems

my 2 cents
10-31-2012, 04:48 AM,
"Does wearing a wig kill your remaining hair off? I know it gets hot and sweaty under the wig so that leads to more hair loss. "

No, it doesn't. There is no study that shows getting hot & sweaty leads to hair loss.
Losing your hair is genetic.

You only use a hairpiece where you've lost or are losing your hair anyway.
This is usually on top with the back & sides remaining unaffected.

Its hard to impress on someone who hasn't felt (in their hands or on their head) how light and airy a hairpiece is.
I promise you, its not like wearing a hat at all.