Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping tape or glue on scalp when removing.
10-17-2012, 01:24 AM,
RE: Keeping tape or glue on scalp when removing.
To ` cover` both posts, and I`m not being picky, or pedantic --just allow me to say that I never ``bother`` with alcohol ``percentages`` --- I just go with what it says on the bottle i.e. Lace-release, Glue Melter and Citrus-based Solvents [for really stubborn residues]
Lace release is exactly as it says---it releases your lace from the underlying glue and/or tape.....you simply spray it onto the lace directly ` above` the bonded-area......allow it time to penetrate down through the lace, and your system will come free easily and cleanly [no residue]. Keeping to a regular de/re and clean-up routine avoids a lot of problems.....if you leave the bonding products on so long that they begin to deteriorate / go ` gooey`, then you`ll have a headache and time-consuming clean-up. I use a dropper too, to ` aim` the alcohol in a more localised fashion rather than spraying it on, as it`s getting onto the actual hairs and has a negative [drying ]effect. When removing the system, just use gentle lifting-pressure---don`t literally tear the thing off....you`ll damage it in some way...if you find a bit which is ` refusing` to lift or is still resisting, just apply a little more lace-release, and it will free it no bother. Then you can work on your residue on the scalp with Glue-melter/ Citrus Solvent [C-22 or De-solv-it] You must allow at least a minute for the lace-release to penetrate/soak through the lace, be patient..work around the perimeter slowly...that way, you should have little if any residue on the system..it should all be on the scalp. Hope that helps!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping tape or glue on scalp when removing. - Paul In Ireland - 10-17-2012, 01:24 AM