Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping tape or glue on scalp when removing.
10-14-2012, 04:19 AM,
Keeping tape or glue on scalp when removing.
What techniques do you use to keep the glue and or tape on the scalp when removing the unit as opposed to on the unit itself? I'd imagine keeping the tape or glue on the scalp would make cleanup much easier. I've been wearing for two years and I don't think I've ever been able to do this. Any tips?
10-14-2012, 09:46 AM,
RE: Keeping tape or glue on scalp when removing.
I just spray 91% alk on the hair where the tape is and on the hairline which I glue, wait a couple of minutes and gently peel from the hairline back. Tape stays on my scalp, and very minimal glue on the lace. Quick magazine slide sorts the glue. I imagine nothing different then anyone else. What kind of glue and tape are you using? I use stick it tape and white glue. Release and clean up is a snap.
10-16-2012, 11:20 AM,
winstonage,

I read your reply and the part that stood out to me was when you said you spray alcohol "on the hair where the tape is".

I thought about it some more and I think I just realized what I've been doing wrong for the last two years. I always wear the unit until there's lifting. What I've always done to remove the unit is pull up the lace that's lifting and spray lace release underneath, between my scalp and the unit. But what I should be doing is spraying down into the top of the unit, through the hair and toward my scalp onto the lace. This way, it will create separation between the lace and the tape. If I lift and spray underneath like I was doing before, I'm just creating separation between the tape and my scalp, leaving the tape attached to the lace.

Does that make any sense?
10-16-2012, 01:03 PM,
I've tried this a few times where I use 97% alcohol and apply with a eye dropper but have never been able to get it to work. The tape ends up coming off with the unit and I end up peeling it off the unit. It still works but once in a while I take a few hairs out of the system because of this. I've tried extending the soaking time to give the alcohol a chance to work without any luck.
10-17-2012, 01:24 AM,
To ` cover` both posts, and I`m not being picky, or pedantic --just allow me to say that I never ``bother`` with alcohol ``percentages`` --- I just go with what it says on the bottle i.e. Lace-release, Glue Melter and Citrus-based Solvents [for really stubborn residues]
Lace release is exactly as it says---it releases your lace from the underlying glue and/or tape.....you simply spray it onto the lace directly ` above` the bonded-area......allow it time to penetrate down through the lace, and your system will come free easily and cleanly [no residue]. Keeping to a regular de/re and clean-up routine avoids a lot of problems.....if you leave the bonding products on so long that they begin to deteriorate / go ` gooey`, then you`ll have a headache and time-consuming clean-up. I use a dropper too, to ` aim` the alcohol in a more localised fashion rather than spraying it on, as it`s getting onto the actual hairs and has a negative [drying ]effect. When removing the system, just use gentle lifting-pressure---don`t literally tear the thing off....you`ll damage it in some way...if you find a bit which is ` refusing` to lift or is still resisting, just apply a little more lace-release, and it will free it no bother. Then you can work on your residue on the scalp with Glue-melter/ Citrus Solvent [C-22 or De-solv-it] You must allow at least a minute for the lace-release to penetrate/soak through the lace, be patient..work around the perimeter slowly...that way, you should have little if any residue on the system..it should all be on the scalp. Hope that helps!