Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About to order second piece
10-13-2012, 11:55 PM,
About to order second piece
Hey everyone

I'm about to order my second piece but i have a couple of questions before i do.

The colour of the last one didn't match my own hair, it was a good attempt but probably 2 or 3 shades darker than it needed to be.Am I able to put on my order form 'please make it 3 shades lighter?' Is that something that will make sense to them, will they know what to do? (they have my hair sample on file).

Secondly, I'm intrigued by these skin systems, I'm very interested in ordering one of these but I'd like to know if they are suitable for a 7-10 day attachment? Are they as hygienic as the Swiss lace?

edit- thought of something else, my first piece was a freestyle with no partings ordered but it took on a middle parting almost from day one, any ideas why?

thanks everyone.
10-14-2012, 01:31 AM,
RE: About to order second piece
I recommend using a specific color number in your order rather than saying "2 shades lighter". As for the ventilation, yes it can be hard to get the ventilation you want. I have been trying to order freestyle with spikey front or just freestyle all over but it comes in forward ventilated every time. The last time I ordered I asked for freestyle with flatback front and the whole thing was flatback and this time my crown was missing. I have never been able to get them to make the direction as I request. However, it's not the end of the world as with some perming lotion you can change the direction yourself.
10-14-2012, 02:02 AM,
Hi Hairenough,
Could you please tell your procedure for using the perm solution to help in changing frontal hair direction ?
Thank You !
johnny/albuquerque
10-14-2012, 02:06 AM,
Hi hairenough, thanks for the reply

Excuse my ignorance but how do the colour numbers work ? Is there a colour chart somewhere I can look at?
10-14-2012, 09:50 AM,
I would suggest sending another hair sample, left and right side and back. Samples should be about the width of a pencil.
10-14-2012, 01:16 PM,
Hi Idelwild,
When a person sends in a hair sample it usually is taken from the back for their head---where the hair is the darkest. And usually a customer doesn't have enough to take a sample from the front. Hair color gets slightly darker going from the front to back (and density gets thicker). The factory allows for this and there is a very slight color from front to back. However, not everyone is the same. Your color change is probably slightly more pronounced that average. So if you're not able to send a front hair sample we'll need to 'tweak' it. 3 color shades is a lot. I would suggest 1 or possibly 2 shades lighter in the front. Does the back of your unit match the color of the back of your head? If you we can keep that color.
The skin systems can be worn for 7-10 days but there are personal variables to take into consideration such as body chemistry, life style, etc. You'll need to experiment with it and see what you're comfortable with.
As for your the freestyle of your first unit, freestyle means no distinct style. The knotting is random and it allows you to experiment with different styles. You just ran into a freestyle venting that happened to fall into a center part. It's a random thing. On another freestyle order it could fall in a completely different place.
Regards,
John
10-15-2012, 08:51 AM,
Idlewild,
I'm wearing a skin piece at the moment and go 7 days with no issues at all (Bonding with Oil Resistant White Glue) - No itchiness or smell or anything.
give it a try and see what you think.. Once it's on your head though, you wont even notice the difference to a lace piece.
10-16-2012, 07:12 AM,
Hi John

yes basically its the same colour as the back hair but its too dark on the top and front, if I put 'please make 2 shades lighter on top and front' , will that get me what I need?