Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Affleck (pics)
10-09-2012, 04:26 AM,
Ben Affleck (pics)
I came across a few candid shots of my role model Ben Affleck this afternoon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...geles.html

His piece is not looking as good as it was. It was fantastic in The Town - totally undetectable. This new style seems like a move back to the more toupish look he had in the past - thick wall of hair flipped up at the front with the hairline in shadow; very wide forehead and no temple points, half-heartedly concealed by brushing a bit of his piece hair forwards. I reckon this would look pretty damned detectable close up.

It makes me wonder if the really great The Town-quality hairpieces are just not practical for everyday life when you're out with the kids without the entourage of make-up people and wig gurus. Even so, his people should be advising him to think about temple points on his pieces, or even reconstructing the temples with a small transplant.
10-09-2012, 04:55 AM,
RE: Ben Affleck
Ben Affleck does not wear hairpieces. Seriously. He does not.

There was one "rumor" anecdote from 10 years ago that his hairpiece came off at a party, and despite no evidence since then that he wears anything this rumor persists.

This is his natural hair. He has only started balding in the past few years and it is still mild at worst.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T3-T6ewXLYk/Sc...24x423.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...njY9Otiy0A
10-09-2012, 06:19 AM,
Not sure what the point of your post is because frankly the hair in the picture of Ben affleck you posted looks great whether its a piece or not. I dont what kind of standards you require but damn....if that is a piece, it sure is good enough to fool most anyone.

Btw....don't get too obsessed with temple points. I have seen quite a few bald on top guys with good temple points still remaining and conversely, guys with no temple points having thick hair on top.

I think the temple point issue is extremely over hyped in the hair wearing world. I would wager the average non balding person has never even heard the term temple point, nor looks for them in day to day life. It's just not a consistent enough marker of hairloss for it to register with most people.
10-09-2012, 06:46 AM,
I have to say his hair looks great, even in the picture you're referring to as not being his best.

I don't think it was just the anecdote that fed suspicion of him wearing.

Yes, there have been pictures of him with a distinct bald patch one day and a thick crown the next.
But also his front hairline alters continuously going up, down, recessed, straight across and even a widow's peak, all of which is documented.

He may have had implants for all I know, but certainly there is NOTHING to suggest he's wearing in the following pictures & with this link you can zoom in on his hairline:
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Ben+Affleck...Oi4glI5XTN

Attached Files Image(s)

10-09-2012, 03:11 PM,
My first post on here.

I think it does matter if he wears.

The reason why it matters is because if he does wear then he and his team are doing a phenomenal job and I want to learn from it. I want to improve that part of me that makes me feel good and I want to feel great.

I want to see what works and what does not work.

This is not about Ben, this is about me and my piece and how I can learn from the best and his hair is amazing.
10-09-2012, 04:13 PM,
"his front hairline alters continuously going up, down, recessed, straight across and even a widow's peak, all of which is documented."

It's called hair styling. He has never had a widow's peak except when the hair has been cut short and styled forward, ie. it was cut/styled into that shape.

His hairline has remained constant when exposed with only very mild recession over recent years which is now starting to progress (a BIT).

His crown is a little thin when he buzzes it now, but that is just early balding. When he grows it out it looks thicker because he has an insanely high natural density to begin with and everything else compensates. Maybe he's adding concealer too now, but I doubt it - he wouldn't even need it yet based on his minimal recession/thinning.

If there was ever anything 'fake' looking about his hair in the 90s it was just how ridiculously dense his hair has always been. That's just luck though. Some guys have that.

Want a celebrity wearer? Try Shatner/Elton/Stallone/Norris/Seagal/Connery/Travolta ... Affleck? No real evidence I've seen. More evidence to the contrary.
10-09-2012, 05:46 PM,
Wow...I didn't know stallon and connery wore hair. Connery looks pretty bald to me. I assume many celebrity men wear though. The only ones we catch, are the ones who don't wear it well.

Ben affleck could be wearing or not. The point is, his hair looks good either way.
10-09-2012, 07:11 PM,
Totally agree with DMan78 - this is not about making Affleck look a fool for wearing hair - that would be dumb coming from me and to this audience. It is about applying the expertise he has access to to our own hairpieces. I was quite sincere when I said he was a role model for me. For the record, I have never believed the tabloid story about his piece coming off in public.

That said, I do believe he wears. He certainly DID wear, beyond any serious doubt. There are ample early photos which show him in what is clearly a hairpiece, and not just in character, eg:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_UDIwZAxomYk/S6C0s8...leck03.jpg

I guess he could have gotten a very successful transplant and ditched his piece, but I don't think that's likely. I have never seen a transplant which was anything like as dense and luxuriant as Affleck's pics in the Daily Mail. And why didn't the surgeon redo his temples? Also, if he did get such a successful transplant, why wouldn't he show it off? Why has he gone back to the thick, covered-hairline style he is now wearing? So my conclusion is that he is still wearing a piece, and the short-haired pics attached above are done with a very beautifully cut hairpiece. As those who follow this board know, that is not impossible, and indeed posters here have achieved as good.

The main point is that, perhaps because of the rumors which have circulated about his hair, Affleck has had some of the best hairpiece designs out there, including some of the pics which have been attached to this thread. His pics are a great place to see what works well and what no so well.
10-09-2012, 08:35 PM,
I think the problem is, we'll never really know the truth!

I suppose I'd like to think he's wearing (along with Clooney) because it helps me believe there is some perfect piece out there thats undetectable.
As has been said, it gives you something to aim for.

But I had that same hope about transplants. It was good for me to think there WAS a better alternative, if I chose to do it.
Unfortunately I did try and it wasn't the holy grail and that left me without hope or aspiration.
Before that, the same thing happened with medications.

I can't decide if its a good thing to believe there is a better alternative just waiting to be discovered or if its better to believe that what I've got is the best I'll ever get, and do the best I can with it.

The problem I have with using a Hollywood actor as an inspiration is that every publicity photo of them will have been altered & retouched.
The roles they play will demand different looks that are achieved using every trick in the book that could never translate to real life.
And sometimes, with prolonged filming, hairpieces have to be used for continuity, even if the actor isn't bald or balding.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-10-2012, 07:41 AM,
The whole Ben Affleck wearing thing has me confused. When I saw the grey buzz cut pics ages ago I decided he absolutely does not wear. Then I see this recent pic and it sure looks like a piece to me. I don't know anymore.

[Image: article-2214022-155B2DED000005DC-266_634x749.jpg]