Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am LOST!!!
08-09-2009, 04:00 PM,
I am LOST!!!
I am new to this forum, and to wearing hair. I got a piece from my sister to try out and have been wearing it the last few days. It looked real pretty and felt fine when she was here but now that she is back home (she lives far away from me) and I am on my own, I feel nervous about getting it right. I haven't been taping it the last few days.. I've been sticking it on and using pins. I know I can't do that forever but it seems to be the easiest way to not screw up. I got a lot of information from my sister, and on this forum... but on my own and doing it myself is another story and I'm just feeling overwhelmed. I'm also having a hard time styling it the way I want it to look and getting the bangs right. I don't want to ruin the piece but I'm afraid I will in my frustration to get it right! I know I probably need to order another just in case but I guess I'm just not sure about anything... Suggestions anybody??
08-10-2009, 04:40 AM,
Re: I am LOST!!!
All I can say is, overcome your fears. Just do it! Play with the piece, work with the piece. With practice you'll get better and better. As long as you follow certain rules (like not yanking the piece off your head), then the piece should stay intact. My suggestion is don't be afraid. If it doesn't look right, put some alcohol or some kind of lace release on it and do the attachment/styling again.

Good luck!

Leamon
08-10-2009, 07:25 AM,
Thank you for the reply Leamon... I'm thinking yeah, I've got to be patient and experiment and try different techniques and stuff. I think I just needed some encouragement and thank you for that!! I'll be visiting this forum frequently and let you know how I'm doing! Smile
08-10-2009, 10:19 AM,
A LITTLE tape goes a long way....try cutting the tape in thin strips and apply the unit.....Have some alcohol around to move it around. If you are really nervous find a stylist but be careful. Some of the worst units I see are on the heads of oldtimers who have a hair replacement business. I think people use far too much adhesive product on these things. You can use little enough not to mess it up and experiment....
08-10-2009, 03:20 PM,
The first order of business is to get another piece immediately.
You must always have at least 1 backup.
Post some pics and we can advise in detail.

Debbie is awesome, you can order a piece rush order and have Debbie cut it in and send it back to you.