Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the material and style
10-02-2012, 11:06 AM,
RE: Question about the material and style
It sounds to me as if all your research has served you well.
Yes, I think Superfine or even standard Swiss Lace is the right base.
If you treat it right, 3-4 months wear is more likely than only getting 2 months out of a piece and trading between two pieces is even better.
I think it would more likely be 4-5 months.
Glue only seeps in to the hair & lace if you're lazy like me and put off reattachment for as long as possible.
Those guys who follow a regular routine have no problems.
If you get on with tape, then tape is fine for a perimeter bond.
There is a theory that an all-over bond (with glue) does make the piece less susceptible to shedding hairs, but thats something you can monitor & change as you go along.

With regards to detectability, especially along the hairline, you should appreciate that as a group, we are VERY fussy and keen to pick out any flaw or defect.
We talk about and mention things that the general public would never notice or consider.
Once you've started and stared in to the mirror studying your attachment, I dare say you'll be the same.
So don't let what you've read on this topic unnecessarily concern you.
What we consider an undetectable hairline way surpasses the expectations of people who don't know what they're looking for.
The hairstyle you've chosen is perfect for someone just starting and as you master your attachment, your hairline becoming exposed in various circumstances won't concern you.
Getting the right density & colour match are probably your priorities right now.

Best of luck, I think you'll be fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about the material and style - Hersute - 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM