Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partials -> Need Help (Pics)
09-30-2012, 12:10 AM,
Partials -> Need Help (Pics)
I'm going to order the first time. But before I have a few questions.

I am 23 years old and have a receding hairline. These bother me enormously. Please look at the four pictures - there you see my status.

1. Should i use 2 x partials (I think this is the right word for a piece of hair Replacement)? Or should I shave the front part? Look at picture number 3 (red border). What is your opinion?

2. What is the right Produect for me? "Custom Hair Piece" oder "Stock Unit"?

3. What hair color is the best for me? Light Brown? I would describe my hair color between dark blonde and light brown.

I am also very pleased about more tips for a good result.

Best regards from Germany!

Attached Files Image(s)

09-30-2012, 12:54 AM,
RE: Partials -> Need Help
sedueme--can you post a pic of the front there without your hand covering the area---- you are holding the hair back and I can`t see/tell how thin or dense the hair underneath it, is....... your colour would be a little tricky if you were to go stock, although it`s notoriously difficult to accurately ` see` many hair colours properly on a computer monitor.....on pic 2, it looks like a very light brown...not too sure if you could get that exact-match with a stock. Taking a decent-sized hair sample from the front of the head will help get a good colour-match [the front hair is always a bit lighter in colour than that at the back/crown area] Has your hair actually receded or simply thinned-out? I ask because the very front looks to me like there is [thin] hair ` sitting` right on your natural hairline. Post another pic please and you`ll get more accurate advice....cheers for now.
09-30-2012, 01:34 AM,
Hi Paul In Ireland,

thanks for the quick answer! I want to send a hair sample. Is it important to get a Stock with exact the same hair colour? I'm going to use hairspray.

I think your are right. My hair thinned-out. But I'm not happy with my hairline. My dream is this hairline: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...sh2011.jpg

I take a new picture for the hair density. Is it suitable?

Attached Files Image(s)

09-30-2012, 02:35 AM,
OK, A few points to bear in mind. The link to a style you`d like---- that is quite a thick-density [` non-graduated` ] hairline..... your hair behind my suggested-outline of where your system would sit, is not thick enough to ` carry` or support ,such a dense-front, in my opinion, and you need to pitch it somewhere `` in -between`` in terms of density...... the usual advice is to re-create / replace your original style and coverage-area...... my green outline is merely a suggestion.......normally, if you had a ` good` front-density and your hair was lying in a swept-back manner, I`d say keep the very front growing hair, and sit a partial in ` behind` it...in your case, the hair grows/lies forward,so it`s a non-exposed front [it`s only visible in the pics where you`re holding it back out of the way] and while it looks relatively thick in that last photo, I know it isn`t, and is too thin [it will continue to thin] so if it were me, I think I`d shave off that front bit and slot-in one partial, to cover the approximate area outlined in green..... now, other forum-readers may not agree---please, guys, chime-in with your opinions----- I don`t wish to come across as some type of ` Guru`on here ...I merely give my opinion, in an effort to give newbies some food for thought--- the more that guys chip-in with their opinions/ideas, the better!!
I think you`ll have to get a custom-made system in order to get an accurate colour-match---stocks are an ` average` or middle-of-the-road solution and your particular hair-colour, may be a bit tricky...the last pic there shows it as being more blonde than the previous ones.... John will be happy to assist with your order if you contact him... in essence, you can certainly have the ` style` of the guy in the pic/link , but I`d pitch the density lower than his, so as to better match your hair on the rest of your head.... French lace would be fine as a base too, as the style is largely non-exposed.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-30-2012, 05:00 AM,
Your advice sound very useful. Thank your the the pictures! I'm going to do today about intense thoughts. You've helped me a lot!

How can I contact John ?
09-30-2012, 05:21 AM,
No problem..you can click the ` Contact` tab on the top-right of the Homepage .. John will get back to you..just leave your contact-details
and question/s there.
10-11-2012, 11:57 AM,
RE: Partials -> Need Help (Pics)
I just registered so I could add to this thread as I have a similair hairline that is thinning and would like to order two partials either side whilst I try fight hairloss. I also have a scar right along the hairline due to an accident which is now becoming more visible due to the thinning. I could deal with going bald, maybe, but not with a scar drawing attention to it. I am so stressed about this right now.

Paul, I have browsed the forums here for some time and you are one of the most knowlegeable, helpful and selfless members. The amount of time you spend helping others and writing out well though posts is the kind of thing that gives a person faith in mankind.

Guess what I am called Paul and from Ireland also Smile

Would it be possible to talk to you off forum to get some adivse. I am very anxious about taking the plunge and need help regards cut in if I do. I spend a lot of time in Dublin although I dont live there and was hoping for help with a stylist or maybe your could help me out?

I have ttached a couple of photos with my right temple and another with the type of partial I am looking for and a picture of the front. I am thinnning so I guess a low density blend is what I need.

Paul an you adivse me how best to do this?

Some of the question I don't know the answers too are

Is it just a case of drawing out exactly what I want filled in? Do I mark out the template right to where I have exisiting hair or just a little over/under to get the right blend?

I post in the templates or email them with exact measurements outlined?

Do I need to send photos along side the templates?

Do you need to send a hair sample for a color match?

How long will the hair on the systems be, will I need to cut them or get someone to cut them to my desired lenght?

The density of the pieces, how do I decide this? as its going into an area where there is regression it could be tricky to blend.

What other equipment, tape glue solutions do I need? French lace seems to be popular

Thank you for any forthcoming help.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-11-2012, 10:18 PM,
RE: Partials -> Need Help (Pics)
Hi airbag---- just click my user-name to open my profile.. the e mail address is there-- drop me a line..... I have spoken to a stylist in Dublin
and I have asked him to have a look at your pics.... I just wanted to run my opinion past him, and he said it sounds like it will be fine and
he can sort it out for you..... I suggest simply getting a stock and cutting partials from it....far faster and cheaper.... it`s just a matter of
getting a near-match colour-wise........ your front hairline looks fine at the moment and it would be a shame to shave it off at present,
I can chat with you about it anyway. Cheers for now.