Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylist in Melb or Perth / Modelling Advice
09-29-2012, 06:55 AM,
Stylist in Melb or Perth / Modelling Advice
Hey guys was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent cut in stylist in Perth or Melbourne? Am looking at potentially taking the plunge fairly soon and maybe just going for some form of frontal piece. I'm excited about it but am terrified about doing it alone and making a mess of everything. Any Australian users out there with similar experiences?

Am also after some advice. I've just been picked up to do some modelling for an agency and was wondering how prevalent hair systems are in this field of work? At the moment i'm rocking a fairly massive comb forward hairstyle that somewhat covers up my largely receded forehead, but I'm not sure how much longer I can get away with it. Its ok for what it is but it limits my range of hairstyles and is a constant source of worry for me outdoors and in public. The other day at my first shoot the photographers kind of said something about it that made me a little self conscious.

Just wondering, if I eventually go through with a frontal topper / hair system and have a full head of hair again. Should I disclose this with my agency or the hair stylist / make up artist? Is it something that needs to be known? Or should I just keep it to myself. Thanks for your time.

ps. I am in my mid 20's. I've been on propecia etc. for 2 years now and its done nothing.
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM,
RE: Stylist in Melb or Perth / Modelling Advice
Hey mate, I'm based in Sydney, I too am about to take the plunge and am worried that I'll f it up.

I am going to buy a stock unit today as I need a unit urgently (by December). I am going to cut the stock unit myself and do all of the attaching myself.

I am happy to consult with you via email or here if you want to swap ideas about the process from an Australian noobs perspective.
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM,
If you have a read through `imahologram`s ` posts, you might pick up a few tips, as he`s involved in a similar-type of work/area....... may be of interest to you.
http://forum.toplace.com/search.php?acti...ffeb301a47
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM,
Thanks a lot Paul in Ireland. I've read a few of his posts before but not many, very interesting stuff. I love this site, have been lurking for a while Smile

Hey Zack7777 that sounds cool but I just don't know about the whole cutting it in yourself thing. I'm more worried about having ridiculous looking hair than anyone knowing i'm wearing. Theres got to be others from Australia (especially Melbourne or Sydney) on here who have a few secrets they wouldn't mind sharing. Any salons or people to recommend?
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM,
You`re welcome...... ideally, a system should be styled-in whilst it`s sitting on your head, and a stylist can work on it..... if you can`t locate a stylist locally, if it were me, I`d get a ` remote` cut-in done by Debbie...... it may not be totally perfect, but you should easily be able to ` tweak` it yourself or go to a local stylist at that stage---many stylists may baulk at the idea of doing one from scratch, but once the ` heavy` work has been done [layered-in etc.] they`ll happily do a little ` tweaking` for you.... many are afraid that if they make/made a mess of it, you`d be looking for the cost of a replacement off them[ I can understand that too] but a little trim here and there , should not be an issue for anyone.
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM,
Hey Zack7777,
i'm in Sydney too.. i'm pretty new at the hair wearing game.. only been wearing for a few months.. but i do my own color & cut in and stuff (self tought).. and am happy with the results i've achieved.
There's no private messaging on this forum, but if you'd like to chat, reply here with your email address and i'll get in touch.
10-03-2012, 10:08 PM,
Hi workeded,

I'm in Melbourne and used a guy in South Melbourne and Richmond for my cut ins. In my time wearing, I used to use the standard salons like AHS and Ultrahair. But their have either become horrifically expensive or no longer do it unless you buy their units.
I don't use a frontal/partial, as I'm way too far gone for that (nw6), but my suggestion would be to get a piece before it becomes too obvious as this will make it easier to transition without there being a significant change to your hair.

I heard people comment that it is possible to get away with not telling stylist and the like, however I suggest that you can either tell them the truth (as i reckon they seen it all before) or say you have your own stylist and will have it done yourself before the shoot.

I think we all had various degrees of anxieties before we got our new hair, which is very normal. Although I have to say, if you're anything like me you'll be glad you did, and the anxiety you're feeling now will quickly evaporate.

Feel free to email if you think I can help any further [email protected]

Craig.