Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styling?
09-28-2012, 03:22 AM,
Styling?
Im just curious and i know this is probably a super "noob" question. But when it comes to styling your hair, is it just like when have your own hair? Or are there some tricks and tips that i should know about before i start throwing any old gel in my hair?
09-28-2012, 06:23 AM,
RE: Styling?
in my experience, and I am not wearing but the product feels different on the fake hair than the natural hair...the fake hair is different even if the color is the same...just my experience.
09-28-2012, 08:01 AM,
So what experience have you had if you're not wearing? Prior experience?

In answer to the origional question, I just use less product - whatever it may be - in my wig hair and it seems to react the same as my real hair used too (hard to remember though ;( Regards
09-28-2012, 08:07 AM,
by keeping it in my hand a hairpiece and touching it? and applying products on fake hair? in fact I had 2 haripieces and every one of them had hair differrent than my hair as texture.
09-28-2012, 09:44 AM,
I agree with Matt (but then I usually do!), I'm not as heavy handed as I would have been if it were my natural hair.
I apply stuff more sparingly and I probably use different products because the hair is fake.
By different I mean less harsh or easier to wash out.
But thats out of choice, rather than necessity.
I don't want to use stuff that will damage the hair or weaken the attachment.

That said, most styling products act in exactly the same way on fake hair as they do on natural hair when it comes to styling.
Its just that some products are better for fake hair than others.
If you're willing to make the effort and put in the time, I don't think there are any restrictions to what style you wear your fake hair in.

This is quite a useful link, designed for newbies, that covers styling products (I think, I've not read it for ages) and has recommendations:
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=1719
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM,
Alchol denat, is bad for the piece!

Try to get natural ingredients as much as possible. If you can't, it isn't that much of a big deal. But I wouldn't go overboard with using normal over the counter gels.

I prefer to use "matt" looking products. Bedhead has some decent products.