Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Thinskin (Pics)
09-21-2012, 08:00 AM,
New Thinskin (Pics)
Received 2 units yesterday and had 1 cut in. Very impressed so far, the hair is incredibly soft. Density and curl are great. Hair is still wet in photos and taken under extremely bright light in the bathroom, so looks a little thinner than it may be. However, I have no problem with it either way. Nobody expects a hairpiece to be "thinning".

Attached Files Image(s)

09-21-2012, 08:59 AM,
RE: New Thinskin (Pics)
it looks good indeed! what glue are you using?
09-21-2012, 09:30 AM,
that looks extremely natural. And i have to say the hair looks very soft and natural as well. What kind of hair is that?
09-21-2012, 10:07 AM,
I'm using Got2Be glued hairspray for attachment. Works great.

I didn't order any specific type of hair, just whatever comes with the new thinskin.
09-21-2012, 12:38 PM,
Connor , you may want to try the following.

I attach my skin's with GTBG , Spiking Spray and Rubber Cement.
Sometimes I use a strip of tape , down the middle, extra security.
Tomorrow I have to fly and read on a forum that tape can be seen on the TSA screen.
So today I eliminated the tape and did the following with the 2 GTBG products :

Ribbon spread the GTBG Rubber Cement over the base with particular attention to the perimeter.

Than with my palm, spread the Cement over the entire base.

What remained on my hand I spread over my scalp , followed by kinda patting the scalp and creating stickeness.

Gave that a few minutes (scalp & base ) to set up sticky , again patting both surfaces.

Than sprayed the GTBG Spiking Freeze spray to both and quickly married the 2.

Result.........a very strong, secure attachment !!

So going thru security tomorrow.....wether or not tape can actually be seen , no concern ! Smile

Try this combo and see how it works out for you.

Might add I am flying to Providence tomorrow, east coast ! But I am actually flying west initially to Los Angeles to get to the east coast.
ABQ-TO LAX ....REDEYE TO DULLES IN WASHINGTON AND THAN ON TO RHODE ISLAND !! HA ! I fly space availiable on an airline employee pass.....free, but only go if there is a seat open !! Everything going east out of ABQ , is oversold......so I will go west young man !! Smile
If I don't fly at least once a month or more........I get shaky like an alcoholic needing a drink ! Smile

Also Connor............hair looks great !!

Think you said thinskin ?..........Great hairline ...guess the skins are beginning to look as good as lace ?

Great Hairline !!!

The GTBG , is all you may need for a pretty secure attachment !

johnny/albuquerque
09-21-2012, 01:22 PM,
Thanks for the advice Johnny. I sometimes combine the hairspay with the gel, didn't make much difference. I get quite a strong hold as is. If the unit fits properly, I sometimes just use a touch of water and I get a "vacuum" effect and it sticks right on. I haven't tried it with this system yet. For average "everyday" usage, I've never had a problem going this route.

If I'm going to be in a situation where I want some more security, like watersports for instance, then I'll throw some tape or glue onto it as well.

I travel extensively as well. I have no concerns about the security as I refuse to go in the machines anyways.

Thanks, I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out. I agree that when the thinskin is done properly, there are no issues with the hairline.
09-21-2012, 02:28 PM,
I also finf that the spray combined with the gel did not make much difference............but the spray with the RUBBER CEMENT , does give a secure bond !

johnny/abq
09-21-2012, 06:51 PM,
Can you tell me what density and curl you requested?

Thanks.
09-21-2012, 07:54 PM,
connor,

Did you add any gray to your unit?
09-22-2012, 02:23 AM,
looks great really does whats the denisty