Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Thinskin (Pics)
11-12-2012, 10:35 AM,
RE: New Thinskin (Pics)
Pssst........Exeon........(whispering ) his name is johnny/albuquerque Smile

X...how ya been man ? Glad you are OK on Staten ! Horrible situation !

After viewing Maykell's GTBG application on youtube........
In a small container I mixed GTBG Rubber Cement, the gel/paste and the Spiking Glue..............OMG ! Screaming Hold !! Give it a try ! I used it on my skin unit , all I wear ..........but Maykell uses it on Lace in the video / youtube

Didn't I send you a bottle of the GTBG Rubber Cement ? I have 4 bottles if anyone is interested in purchase. Can't buy it anymore in stores.

Your other posts eXeon.......showing the bases you like is very informative and love ya method of creating the frontal base to match the tape curvature !! Very clever !

Glad ya OK man !

johnny/albuquerque
11-12-2012, 11:06 AM,
Hey johnny..

haha. I remember your name johnny, i just forgot what your name on here was. Getting senile my friend.

Yeah a few trees came down and lost power for awhile but everything is getting back to normal.. Few of my friends lost their entire homes.. I guess I got lucky..

Yeah Johnny sent me the rubber cement and a bunch of other stuff which was really nice of him. Johnny your a good guy.. Will always appreciate it.

Btw where is this youtube video? I don't think i know makell's channel.

regards..
11-12-2012, 11:39 AM,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pc9U_SviCw&feature=plcp Regards
11-12-2012, 02:16 PM,
There it is X.......Matt posted the video........thanks Matt !

johnny/albuquerque

Thanks Matt for posting........there it is Xeon !
Think he also has one or two more over in the right hand margin....I think ?

johnny/albuquerque
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM,
oh yeah i remember this video.. He used freeze spray and the spiking glue, not the rubber cement.. Ive tried that combo, and just like the spiking glue by itself.. I will try it with rubber cement.

I wish they made a super spiking glue. that is even stronger.. that would be awesome.

btw johnny when you remove davlyn black.. you soak cotton balls and leave it on the skin right? how long do you leave it on before u try and wipe off the glue.. Do you use the microfiber towels?
11-12-2012, 09:44 PM,
Yes X , that is my Davlyn Glue removal procedure as you mentioned.

Covering the cotton alcohol saturated balls with a facecloth to reduce evaporation...and anywhere from 1/2 hour on up , I use the same balls for the glue removal . Leaving on overnight really makes it easy.

But I only do a complete removal of the glue residue , not everytime I remove piece , which can be more than once every couple of days , but every 10 days or so..... or more !Than I actually do a complete glue removal.
The Davlyn for me has a tendency to revive itself and remain somewhat adhesive especially when I wipe down the base with a alcohol cotton ball or even rinsing the base with hot water !

I use the glue in conjuction with , sometimes a strip of tape , down the center, and a combo of the GTBG products , (gel,spray,cement)

For me...skin is the way to go....for me it eleminates all the lace issues ......and the attachment method mentioned , makes for a speedy removal and reattachment ! If you roam the different forums you will see a lot more wearers drifting towards skins ! The factories are getting the hang of producing pretty realistic looking skin units that revival lace...if not better !! Again.....personally , skin ..........only way to fly ! Even now with the better holding tapes for lace thus easier cleanup..........still time consuming to tape a lace perimeter ....it was for me anyways. I can turn around a skin unit in less than 2 minutes ! Never could do that with lace !! Yeah , ya can rinse off the head , wearing lace , whereas a skin must be removed to clean the scalp.........but even at that, I never felt clean, doing that , under the shower still with lace attached to my scalp! Just does not get it for me !! Felt like taking a shower while still wearing my underwear , if ya get what I'm trying to describe ! Just never felt completly clean.........but than I'm a clean freak, so probably just me ! Smile

johnny/albuquerque
11-13-2012, 07:05 AM,
Yeah I guess its a subjective thing. but I have seen some pretty fantastic pictures and videos of lace. I haven't seen anything that blew me away with skin yet. Well I can't say that... I saw a Japanese video of a skin piece that was practically buzzed cut, and some spanish video of a skin that had amazing ventilation.. But as far as people on here and forums, i haven't really seen anything that fantastic with skin yet.

I know for you and others out there skin is the easier option. I think that might be true if you are using only got2b glued or just water like some people do.. But say people want to use glues and or tapes.. I don't know how you can beat the ease of lace. The tapes like stickit tape or super tape etc.. U can wear them a long time. And when its time to remove just using alcohol and they detach completely without any residue at all. No soaking, no overnight. no cotton balls, no reapplying and cleaning every few days. You put on a few tapes around the perimeter which takes 2 seconds, attach, and u don't have to fuss with it for a week or more. and when you remove its comes off simple. To me that is probably the easiest.

However.. tapes don't always work good in the front with lace.. So that is why I am thinking of getting a lace base.. and a skin front. ORWG comes off pretty easily from skin I notice. it just has to soak up in alcohol for a few mins than it rubs off into balls pretty easily. and all you need is a thin layer.

So that is my point of view.. everyone is different.. there are no right or wrong answers. However.. I still believe front hairlines look the best on lace. I hope more people post pictures of skin fronts. btw what is your email again, I wanted to ask you a question in private.

Regards
11-13-2012, 03:02 PM,
Im trying a combo of all 3 products lol. I mixed spiking glue, freeze spray and rubber cement in a cup.. See what happens. Usually I find that using the spiking glue by itself gives me the best results. Maybe adding all 3 will give me a super glue who knows lol. I wonder if there are any similar products out there that might work even better.. I really need to start experimenting more. Theres gotta be something. Imagine something like got2b glued with a hold that lasts even longer and stronger.. That would be amazing.
11-13-2012, 03:59 PM,
Anybody tried the new ultra glued version??
This one

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/got2b-u...000919cee4
11-14-2012, 06:38 AM,
I never tried it, but I notice it is a Gel. I might be wrong.. but I think I remember someone mentioning this and saying it didn't work for them. I am not certain.. I think its worth a shot. even if you see it at walgreens and steel a squirt on ur hand and see how tacky it gets.. It does say non sticky formula which might not be a good thing.