Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Thinskin (Pics)
09-22-2012, 07:28 AM,
RE: New Thinskin (Pics)
Hi Steve4A, Oldwearer and Beckham,

I ordered a 1B, 5% grey, 18mm curl, freestyle. As for density, I advised John that I used to order from a previous supplier the "67% density with graduated hairline". He deduced from that what I was looking for as he knew the previous supplier.
09-23-2012, 09:10 AM,
Looks great!!!

John is this thin skin suitable for a full cap ?

Do u get a good hairline ?

Any ripples in front ?

Thanks

Cowboy
09-24-2012, 05:38 AM,
I can't speak to a full cap, but I have absolutely no ripples. I think the hairline speaks for itself.
09-24-2012, 09:58 AM,
Connor, wow!
that looks incredibly natural.. scarily natural even! Congrats on such a brilliant result.

The only possible suggestion i could make would be if you added 5-10% grey to more closely match your side hair, but that's being really fussy.

i can't stop looking at the pics.. such a brilliant result!
09-26-2012, 07:22 AM,
Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

I agree, I could use more grey, but a little colour touch up on the sides took care of that.

I'm loving the maintenance on this unit. I just peel it off every morning, shower up (love the feeling of fresh water on the scalp), give a little spritz of water and it suctions on very tight. Played some hockey last night, not a problem. If I feel I want a little stronger hold, GTBG is great.
09-26-2012, 07:55 AM,
Yeah connor--- looking great there .... enjoy the `new you` !
Cowboy--- I can`t see this working for a fullcap ...the ear-flaps and temple area gets exposed to too much ` pressure` from detaching etc......the thin skin would be too fragile and would rip/tear early on, I reckon.
09-27-2012, 01:00 AM,
connor,

You attach it using only water?
09-27-2012, 08:04 AM,
Hello Oldwearer,

Yes, I do. It works almost like a suction cup. I just give my scalp and the unit a little spritz of water and it "sucks" right onto my scalp.
09-27-2012, 11:54 PM,
Thanks connor.
10-28-2012, 06:38 PM,
Just wanted to give an update. I'm now just over 5 weeks into this thinskin unit. Very minimal, if any, shedding. Certainly nothing noticeable. The thinskin itself is as good as the day I got it, no rips, no issues. Not near as delicate as I thought it would be. I think I'm going to get the 2nd one cut in this week and just start exchanging them every few days. At this point in time, I see no reason why I shouldn't get several months out of the thinskins.