Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Thinskin (Pics)
11-30-2012, 06:06 AM,
RE: New Thinskin (Pics)
My theory is because the freeze spray drys faster. you don't have problems with these products at the hairline? For me i always get lifting. I don't mind a little tiny lifting in the back or sides.. but the front hairline I like down solid.
12-09-2012, 04:42 AM,
Hello Oldwearer,

Sorry for the late response, I've been travelling and haven't been on the site for awhile. I see no issues with using tape and a comb down style.

Hi Southernguy,

It's a custom, I've actually got another one on order to go with the 2 that I have. I highly recommend these units. I didn't like the mess of the glue either.

Xeon,

I don't have hairline issues. If you look at the photos, I'm pretty sure it looks good.
01-02-2013, 05:45 PM,
really nervous about transitioning from sfs, but after reading a few posts on here i think i'm going to make the jump and get a skin piece for my next unit.
have a few questions:
1) does anyone know which thinskin the stock pieces are? are the stock pieces the tl400 or tl700 new generation?
2) this may seem like a dumb question but, can you cut a skin piece the same way you cut a lace piece?
thanks guys.
01-03-2013, 03:54 PM,
A lot of people complain about G2B glued being difficult to clean. If you just let the piece soak in hot water the white dried glue always eventually slides right off... just have to be patient and let it sit there in the water.

I'm considering trying a thinskin for a partial. My reasoning might be wrong though... I'm hoping the hair ventilation more matches my own than swiss lace does. With swiss lace for me something makes the hair unruly or unnatural compared to the rest of my own hair and I'm guessing it might be the knots giving too much lift or wrong direction to the hairs. I'm wondering if the v-loops or injected ventilation creates hair that behaves more naturally as a whole, forgetting about what the actual hairline looks like. Does anyone who has experience with both lace and thinskin have an opinion on this?
02-05-2013, 09:11 PM,
Please can somebody answer KingB's questions above? I am also keen to hear the answers.