Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help, need advice (Pics)
09-19-2012, 09:53 AM,
Please help, need advice (Pics)
Hello everone,

ok so i'm going to order a unit for the first time, and i'm not too sure what to do. I'm stuck on whether i should get a larger "full cap" kind of unit, or just get a larger topper 8 x 10. I have diffuse thinning all over, i have my temples and nape/back area but again the sides are real thin. I have attached two pictures with a red outline, how an 8x10 topper would look and than in green is a more "full cap" style. you can see that in the red, the topper falls short of covering the sides but I was hoping to get just a stock swiss lace topper and i felt if i keep the hair longer it would be able to cover up the sides, plus i also use some concealer on the sides as well. I'm just tight on budget so i wanted to do the topper and since i'm new to this, i felt it would be easier to get a hang of. What do u think, would a topper with longer hair be good enough to cover the sides?

also i've attached pictures of how i want my hair to look.

if you can give ur suggestions it would be great,

thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

09-22-2012, 01:31 AM,
RE: Please help, need advice (Pics)
A topper wouldn't be large enough, you need a 3/4 cap.

I think you should just got for the 3/4 cap, rather than the topper. It will be less messing about, and you'd go for that eventually.
09-22-2012, 11:10 PM,
Spartan has given you the best advice.

You could go for just a topper, let your sides grow longer and use some concealers to cover the thin patches, but in the end, this can be messy and time consuming and achieve a less than perfect result.

A 3/4 cap will give you a healthy looking head of hair, like in the pictures you've posted of how you'd want it to look.
There also will be less blending involved and colour matching will be easier.
09-24-2012, 10:59 AM,
thanks for the advise, i'm going to be making the 3/4 template soon Big Grin
09-25-2012, 12:36 AM,
Hello best advise was given go for the 3/4. Getting anything else would just add to your aggravation. The topper would be to obvious with the thinning sides. IMHO I would not go for the `thick` density, but rather medium/light. Hope all turns out well.
09-28-2012, 11:05 AM,
You look to be asian? As a result, 1B will be a perfect colour match for you.

When making the template, wet your hair down using water or gel. It makes it easier to put the cling film on your head. Use lots of cellotape to secure the template in position.

Make the template slightly larger that you need it to be. Then over a few days, tweak it, by cutting more...or adding more cellotape.

Don't forget to put

1) The desired direction of the hair (with arrows)

2) Mark the front and back

3) Write the density

4) Write the colour

5) Write your name

Also include a pictures you posted now, so the factory can see what you look like now. And the look you want.

In terms of density, I think you should start with 65%. Then after a few months get one that is 70-75%. Because something would look suspicious if you suddenly had thick hair! what do you guys think?