Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with hair standing on end
09-17-2012, 05:30 AM,
Problems with hair standing on end
I've been wearing for about 4 weeks now and I have a problem where the hair wants to stand up(especially in the back) almost straight up. I've tried using only water and tried using product to keep it down, but after a while it just lifts back up. Is this normal? What can I do to stop it?
09-17-2012, 06:47 AM,
RE: Problems with hair standing on end
It`s the ventilation [the way the hairs are tied in to the lace]
When the system is off your head, wet the hair and lace--not dripping wet, but wet enough, then direct hot air from a hairdryer onto the knots in the problem-area, whilst pulling the hairs ` down` in the direction you need them to lie in with your free hand---it can be handy to pin/secure the system to a polystyrene head-form [lace side up] to `hold` it while you work on the problem-area...that should sort it out.... also, when it`s fully dry and you`re happy with the hair-direction, you can apply knot -sealer to the knots [ apply very, very sparingly by simply dabbing at the knots with a cotton pad which has some knot sealer applied to it] and this should help ` lock` the knots into that required direction...... just try the hot-air thing once, and see how it ` behaves` [you may need to redo it ]..once it`s sorted, you can then use knot sealer to hold it /prevent the hair from ` moving` again.
09-18-2012, 12:00 AM,
Since you recently made the decision to start wearing, what are your thoughts so far? It would be helpful to get your perspective for those of us on the fence? Has anyone noticed, etc.?

Thanks.
09-28-2012, 08:35 PM,
I havent worn it much out in public yet. I still havent mastered the art of attachment and am trying new things every time. I feel I need a second cut in because the current cut is simply longer than I prefer. I'm going to try Paul's solution tomorrow and see where that gets me. I've just been busy with school lately. Thanks for the replies guys.