Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape for front hairline
09-11-2012, 08:25 AM,
Tape for front hairline
What tapes do you guys use for the front hairline? I was thinking that the easiest attachment would be to create your template/hairline in the same contour/shape as the tape, such as A CC etc. but I def can't apply the tape to the lace/hairline first.. It always comes out terrible with ripples and everything. Even trying to stretch it or use alcohol try and get it in position. Its just terrible. I would still have to apply the tape to my scalp first..

Just curious what tapes you guys use for the front
09-12-2012, 06:45 AM,
RE: Tape for front hairline
119 views not one response? To a really simple question too.. I think this forum is slippin.
09-12-2012, 09:35 AM,
I use sunshine tape..it's useless for an invisible hairline as it leaves an obvious ridge, but then I brush me hair down at the front. Regards
09-12-2012, 10:16 AM,
Low profile Super Tape, w/ two layers of UH, each cured via Ionic Hair dryer 5 min each layer. Solid 7 day hold then touch up, good to go for additional 5 days. 1). Invest in 5X magnifying light (Harbor Freight around $25). 2) Create template of your systems frontal hairline and use as a guide to pre-trim tape. 3) When you lay down pre-trimmed tape strips, be sure to hit backing side with hair dryer set to medium heat and then "pinch" tape with forefinger ( under hair side) and thumb (base side) PRIOR to removing backing.
09-13-2012, 06:23 AM,
Yeah that is a good idea, i used to make a template of the hairline and try to trim the tapes. But probably a lot easier just to make the hairline the same shape as the tape.. than when u get the system new u can throw down a piece of tape and trim the lace that way using the tape as a guide.

what does the hairdryer on the tape do? So your saying once you put the tape down on the lace, than u hit it with the hairdryer on the base side for a lil bit, than pinch it with your fingers. Does this help ripples or something? How or where do you use the ultrahold than? on your scalp beneath the tape?
09-14-2012, 02:59 PM,
When I lay down the pre-cut tape on the lace and hit it with the dryer and "pinch", it "melts" i.e. bonds the tape onto the lace flat and eliminates any chance of separation of the tape from the base thereafter. Once tape is pinched/melted onto the base, backing of tape is removed and I brush (craft brush) the two separate layers of UH. For me, this creates a rock solid extended bond onto my scalp.
09-14-2012, 04:06 PM,
i wonder if doing this tho .. the heating the tape thing make the removal harder and more messy because the glue melted into the lace. Do you notice clean up challenges?
09-15-2012, 04:18 AM,
No problem whatsoever with removal and/or clean-up .... 99% mixed 50/50 with "Goo Gone" (Home Depot) applied with eyedropper. Tape releases with absolute ease from lace with very,very little residue, if any at all, left on lace.
09-17-2012, 08:23 AM,
oh very interesting never thought about mixing the two. I actually never used goo gone before .. I always figured tha tmakes the tapes gummy and would cause more of a mess.. guess i was wrong. Thats a pretty cool idea i guess.. putting the UH on the back side of the tape, that way u don't have to worry about the clean up