Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying got2be
09-08-2012, 12:20 PM,
Applying got2be
Hey guys i plan on having attaching topper this coming week for first time. I have read a lot about attaching for short term with got2be, maybe at least for my cut in. Is there any special way to apply it. Is it like Orwg where it needs to dry tacky before using or do u simply layer on some on the scalp and lay the lace into it.

Thanks for all the resourceful posts.
09-08-2012, 12:52 PM,
RE: Applying got2be
The search function works wonders. Fill ya' boots son Smile
Regards
09-08-2012, 02:10 PM,
It's not like ORWG.. you don't need to wait for it to dry and go tacky. Just smear some on your head.. Not too much.. just a thin later. Lay the piece down onto it the same as you would with a regular glue attachment though.
it'll be attached and ready for gentle styling straight away.. but give it an hour or two to really dry properly before having a stylist run comes and stuff through it.

removing is as simple as showering with shampoo. i love it!
09-08-2012, 02:26 PM,
Thanks for useful post, and Matt I did do search no straight answer about how to use it came up. Thanks black nail.
09-08-2012, 04:55 PM,
Hey Chitown, I am from Chicago too. Got2b is great. I use it about every 3 attachments to give my scalp a break from the tape and glue. I also use it when I go for a cut in. Just walk in the salon, peel off my piece and attach the new one with the Got2b. What I also really like about it, is how you can get a full head attachment which gets the whole lace flush to your scalp. When I use tape, I only do a perimeter bond.
09-08-2012, 09:35 PM,
Yeah---- I`ve used it to hold the system on for a cut-in..... don`t smear it on very thickly....one coat is usually enough, but ask the stylist to avoid spraying on too much water or it will seep through the lace and weaken the hold...... it goes on as a white paste, but begins to go clear rapidly---that`s when I popped the system on....the beauty too is that you can slide/`adjust` the position of the system relatively easily in the first few minutes,before it really ` grabs` the lace, unlike normal glues/tapes which grip strongly almost immediately.
09-09-2012, 03:23 PM,
Great tips guys. Hey winstonage who you go to for cut ins. From forum recommendations I have an appointment with Maria at the Hyatt getting excited and nervous how it will come out. I have a flowbee which I have used on my own hair but figured a prof cut in is probably way to go at first.
09-09-2012, 05:06 PM,
Chitown, I was using a gal in Elmhurst, but haven't been happy. I just got a new piece and I am having Debbie at Split Ends doing the cut in by mail. I will see how it works out.
09-10-2012, 06:35 AM,
I always use got2b glued these days cause im lazy and its easy.. Hoever I don't like it for the hairline. It never attaches good for me. always lifts. So i use got2b glued for the base and cream glue for the front. I apply it on semi thick and just wait a little while till it feels tacky with my finger when touching it, than i smudge the system down and applie pressure and keep patting it etc.. I can get a good solid 3 days hold if im not sweating my brains out. One good trick.. Leave your own whispy thin hair .. It works better on toop of a little hair because the hairs almost anchor to the got2glued and extends ur hold time a lot.