Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNBELIEVEABLE
09-06-2012, 12:33 PM,
UNBELIEVEABLE
I just made the switch to skin from lace today, i wear a topper.
and i will probably never go back to lace, my biggest problems with the stock lace was that i would always get glue to seep through after a couple days, and we know what kind of hassle that can be trying to get that out, and the hir would never feel the same again and after two weeks i would be showing way too much skin in the hairline, im a young guy, so i didnt want that.
the skin and lace are suppose to be the same density, but i swear that the skin feels more fuller and alive then any lace piece i got, and i had no trouble exposing the hairline, now this is just a stock piece cant imganie how blown away i would be with a custom, i order in jet black which fades in a couple weeks , which im ok with, now the skin would allow glue to seep through, so my question is how do i remove the piece, i did a full attachment with extreme plus glue, so how do i get it off without tearing, i tried to take a couple pics with my cell phone but you cant get a clear enough pic, but im like a kid on christmas with it, now for products i use everclear to wash and clean, to style i use product that can only be ordered on line called layrite, i bought a new product today im happy with called eversleek humdity defying leave in creme very happy with it, once again i couldnt find on here how to remove skin piece plently on lace removal, so thanks in advance
09-06-2012, 07:05 PM,
RE: UNBELIEVEABLE
Hi D B, In my ` all-poly` days, courtesy of a well-known rip-off replacement outfit, the ` technician`/ service person would begin at the front hairline, and spray a small amount of citrus-based solvent, such as `Remove`, or C-22, taking care to shield the eyes.......just at the area where the poly ` meets` the [real] skin......wait a few moments, then gently /carefully peel / fold back the poly...... lace-release should do the same job for you.....you just need to get a ` start-point`. A sweat-band placed around your head will be helpful to prevent solvent/s running down while you work and will keep you more comfortable. You need to be patient while you work as it`s a slower process than if debonding a lace system where you simply spray / apply your releasing agent and it seeps through the lace .....the skin is more impervious, obviously, so you have to make a ` start` at the front,and then get in under the base. Peel the system off gradually, whilst spraying lace-release or whatever, as you peel....you have to allow it time to ` work` so you can continue peeling backwards. I would imagine the new thin skins have to be treated gently too as they wouldn`t be as robust as the thicker ones.
09-08-2012, 09:27 AM,
lol have fun with the clean up.. I think sometimes people end up going backwards, instead of making life easier for them they do things that are even more difficult. I wouldn't ever want to clean up a full head bond of sticky glue from a very thin skin material. If i loved skin, Id try to get skin perimeter and lace center to try and have the best of both. Less to clean up too. why don't u try got2b glued to attach the base.. U might have a lot of success with it. On skin systems i can get like a five day hold pretty easily .. and the clean up is so damn easy.
09-08-2012, 09:28 PM,
Yeah I agree with Xeon..it`s one of the disadvantages of skin-type systems.....time-consuming and laborious clean-up`s....... I imagine the new thinner skins would have to be` handled` more gently to prevent tearing ? Having worn lace, I`d personally not go back to any type of poly/skin as I like the breathe-ability of lace....but that`s just me..each to their own. Even with using ` Got2b` for a full head-bond, [ on an all-skin system] you`d still have to de-bond in the same manner as I outlined in the above-post, only this time you`d be using water directed at the front-edge -- I guess in the shower would be the ideal place/method. I think a skin perimeter and lace centre would be a lot easier to work with, as you can allow water through the lace and it will penetrate the ` Got2b` and seep under the poly, or if using normal glues/tapes, you can aim solvent through the lace and it will begin to seep in under the skin perimeter and free it.