Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partial or full-cap?
09-06-2012, 08:51 AM,
Partial or full-cap?
So im taking the plunge and getting a hair system, the good news is im working with my own hairstylist on helping me with the entire process! hes very interested and eager to help me thru this journey! so im just wondering which is better fullcap or partial? I hear alot of people saying full cap because if you have thinning sides a thick full head of hair on top wouldnt look right, but to be quite honest i think thats alot of paranoia, im 22 years old. I dont think anyone is going to call me out for having a thick full head of hair on top with thin sides. but im just interested in everyones opinion! Also whats the deal with I-lace? is it really that good? Im looking for the most realistc hair to touch and look. mainly look, i dont expect to many people will be grabbing my hair randomly haha. also on a sidenote its so encouraging to see so many people who are going thru this and are positive about this entire thing! ill be honest im exicted! im exicted to look in the mirror and see a thick full head of hair instead of a balding 22 year old! I also attached a picture of my current hair! and before i get people commenting on "you have decent hair", the bottom line is my hair is not getting better period im sick of using rogaine and propecia. and sadly my passion in life is acting and thats a very "looks" buisness, honestly thats pretty much 60% of the reason im looking for a hairpeice. im not going to let my genetics that i cant control ruin my life and possibly my career!

Attached Files Image(s)

09-06-2012, 06:16 PM,
RE: Partial or full-cap?
Your sides don't look that bad - curly hair hides a whole lot. If you had straight hair you would look a lot balder than you do now.

I think you are a great candidate for the standard oval "toupee" shaped system. Provided you get the curl matched, you will look terrific. If it were me, I would also try to keep your natural front forelock to brush back into the hairpiece, for a really great undetectable hairline. That can be problematic with straightish hair, but shouldn't be a problem with your curly hair.

Good luck. I'm sure you will enjoy the transition.

Your sides don't look that bad - curly hair hides a whole lot. If you had straight hair you would look a lot balder than you do now.

I think you are a great candidate for the standard oval "toupee" shaped system. Provided you get the curl matched, you will look terrific. If it were me, I would also try to keep your natural front forelock to brush back into the hairpiece, for a really great undetectable hairline. That can be problematic with straightish hair, but shouldn't be a problem with your curly hair.

Good luck. I'm sure you will enjoy the transition.
09-06-2012, 07:20 PM,
Without seeing your sides/back it`s not possible to say if you should go Fullcap but I think for the moment, a topper will do you just fine...... it will ease you into the wearing-game. You won`t have the ` worry` of your sides looking [relatively] thin and this contrasting with much thicker/denser hair on top, if you just order a good matching-density.... if you give John a few good-quality sharply-focussed pics of your sides and back and the top of your head, he`ll know what`ll work for you.....the classic error new wearers make is , in their anxiety to `cover-up`, they get a density which is far too high and sticks out like a sore thumb ! A density which allows a little scalp show-through is really one of the major ` tricks` to this game. I think as Baldrich has suggested, in your case, you could get away with holding onto your front growing hair as it looks like it hasn`t receded yet [hopefully won`t for a long time] and you could just fill in the area behind it...... it`s good too that you have the ` support` of a stylist to back you up....... best wishes with it!
09-06-2012, 07:40 PM,
What's your hairline like?

Judging just from the picture, you could get a small partial that could sit behind your natural hairline and just fill in the thinning area.
You could keep the hair long and let it fall & blend with your natural hair to create quite a heavy fringe.

This would make life very easy for you, as getting a good hairline is the trickiest part of wearing hair.
As your hair continued to thin and the front recede, you could increase the size of the template and incorporate the front hairline, by which time you'll be quite expert at it.

You're very lucky with your curly hair as this will be easy to blend and where it meets your natural hair will be perfectly disguised.

You are a long way away from needing a full cap.

Attached Files Image(s)