Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aligning your unit
09-01-2012, 08:29 AM,
RE: Aligning your unit
Sort of similar to Paul.

What I do is I know where I want the front edge to be so I draw a line with a eyeliner pencil. Then I position the system on my head so that the edge meets up and then draw some lines along the hairline in the front on each side and then remove the system to see if the lines look right. If not I erase the lines and start again. If I get it good then I'm onto the next step.

I then apply tape to the sides and back of the system but I'll peel back the backing of the strip once its on the system about 1/4 from the edge so that the next strip overlaps the tape, not the backing. Essentially I have about 8 strips of tape but the edges are already pre bent and lifted making it easy to remove the tap for later.

At this point I cut 3 small strips and put one on the front behind the pencil marking, and one each on either side, taking off the backing so they are exposed.

I then take the system and move it into place till its right trying not to let the hair fall down into the tape. Once it lines up I press down on the temporary tape that I just applied so its held. I then can peel each backing off the strips in a row as they are already lifted and bent open. I pull back the system leaning forward so no hair catches and place it onto my head.

At that point I lift the temp front, rub off the lines, remove the tape and draw new ones where I want the front to be, and use bond, and attach.

Messages In This Thread
Aligning your unit - Oldwearer - 08-31-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Aligning your unit - Paul In Ireland - 08-31-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: Aligning your unit - LP Dude - 09-01-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: Aligning your unit - Xeon005 - 09-02-2012, 07:47 AM