Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stock skin piece
08-26-2012, 06:03 AM,
stock skin piece
hi all
i was trying to find some answers in past threads and couldnt find all that im looking for, so hopefully somebody can answer some questions for me.
1. can a skin piece be cut down like a lace piece
2. why cant you use tape on a skin piece
3. will the hair line be as undectable as lace when it comes down to hd televsion/photography.
4.are cut ins more crucital then the lace, i wear lace and just go to a regular barber.
ive been wearing a lace stock piece for about a year im on my 4th one, and been happy so far but i want to step up my game and was wondering if skin would be my next step
08-27-2012, 06:43 AM,
RE: stock skin piece
Hi D B Cooper.
Here's your answers:

1. Yes, a skin stock piece can be cut down to size just like a lace stock piece. Be sure to cut only the back and sides as you don't want to touch the graduated front. Just part the hair where you want to cut so that the skin is exposed and use a pair of scissors to trim off the excess skin base.
2. You can use tape on a skin piece. You must be very careful when using it on a TL 700 because the skin is so thin that it could easily tear when you're removing the unit. Many people just use 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue' to get a 3-5 day attachment with G2BG with the TL 700 base--it just vacuums to the head and not much adhesive is necessary. The TL 400 (which we have in stock skin units) is stronger and you don't have to be as careful with it.
3. I'd say no with the normal stock skin piece (same as the TL 400). But yes with a TL 700 New Generation stock skin piece. I do not have the New Gen stock skin piece on the shopping cart. But I can get the New Gen in a stock unit. It costs $279 plus shipping. If I get enough demand for the New Gen stock I will start to offer it on the web site. But for those of you that want a New Gen stock (specs are the same as other stock units) I can special order it for you and you'll have it in a week. Just write to me at: [email protected].
4. There's no difference to the stylist. Hair is hair. I've always felt that any competent stylist should be able to cut in a hair system. Just make sure you wash it before you go in for the styling (to allow it to relax). Some people tell the stylist to 'leave it on the long side' and then after a week and the unit 'settles in' then they go back for a trim.
Regards,
John