Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for First Time Order (pics)
08-25-2012, 05:03 PM,
Questions for First Time Order (pics)
Hi Guys!

First off, I really appreciate everybody who contributes to the site. It is very helpful! I understand that I haven't lost a ton of hair but I can no longer easily cover my loss and windy days are a nightmare. I have lost confidence because of it and am ready to make an improvement.

Please see the attached pics. The first 4 pics show my situation. The 5th pic is a hair style of a celebrity that I aim to achieve. (I am growing my hair out a bit.

I plan to order a piece, similar to what leondan90 ( I read his posts about his front partial cut out from a topper) from this forum has done, and I have the following questions for you:

1. What density should I have? I don't want it to be too thick and unrealistic since it is for the hairline.

2. What hair color am I? ( I guess the answer is to send a sample of my hair for matching)

3. What curl am I?

4. Do you think my chosen hair style is a good one to have my hair look as realistic as possible? is it FREESTYLE? (see pic 5)

5. Is there a base that will match my skin tone best?

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate your time!

Attached Files Image(s)

08-26-2012, 02:13 AM,
RE: Questions for First Time Order (pics)
What are you hoping to achieve?
Do you want a straighter, lower hairline from temple to temple or do you just want to fill in the missing bit & thicken the very front of your hairline?

The simple act of growing your hair longer will help you get the look you want.
The longer it gets, the less likely the front will ever be exposed.
Owen Wilson has a similar style and a similar hairline to your current one.
The extra length disguises his receding / thinning hairline without using added replacement hair.

Achieving a natural hairline with partials is possible but may require a lot of maintenance.
with your hair at this current stage, I'm concerned you may be trading one anxiety for another, with minimal benefit.

That said, if you did want to have a try with partials, I would suggest you ordered a stock piece and play around with it to see if its a solution for you or not.
Stocks come with a body wave which would match your natural hair.
Sending in a hair sample is always the best way to get a good colour match.
The style you want (fringe forward) is a good & easy style to achieve using replacement hair and a stock unit will be Freestyle, so this works in your favour too.
Swiss Lace is neutral in colour and matches any skin tone.

I'll have to let someone else advise you on densities as I'm not familiar with TopLace densities.

I hope this helps.
08-26-2012, 11:02 AM,
Hi Hersute,

I appreciate your help. I am trying to lower the hairline from temple to temple the smallest amount possible and fill in the missing bit/ thicken the front. I want to maintain the curve of my hairline ( I don't want to look like i'm 16 ).

I really appreciate and agree with your advice about growing it out a little bit and I agree that Owen Wilson has a hair style that will work for me.

I am trying out the partials because it seems that I will need something some day and I figured it would be good to start the trial and error process early :-)

stock units only come in French for lace, I can't get swiss that way. Do you think swiss lace is worth paying extra for? Will it make a much more realistic hairline?

You did help, thank you very much!
08-26-2012, 11:29 AM,
French lace would be fine, especially if you are not exposing the hairline.
08-26-2012, 09:28 PM,
Stocks are a medium density anyway, so if you want to ` experiment` with a stock, I reckon , looking at your hair, it will match..... you could take a hair sample and send it in to John to get the nearest colour in a stock rather than try to ` guess` it from the order form......you`re not in a hurry, so a few days ` wait` won`t hurt. I agree with the assertion that simply allowing your hair to grow a bit more will help---it`s still a little early for you to be wearing as such.... but I know where you`re coming from in your thinking and you want to start ` experimenting`... take your sample from the front part of the head as the back of the head tends to grow darker hair.... so as it`s the front area you want to work-on, the hair there will be a bit lighter , so take your sample from there.
09-01-2012, 07:03 PM,
Hi Paul & Winstonage,

Thank you for taking the time to give me some solid advice!