Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing hair gets easier and easier....
08-25-2012, 11:56 AM,
RE: Wearing hair gets easier and easier....
I have all SFS base partial light density dark brown.
I use super tape low profile for the front. The rest I use supertape/proflex/stick-it.
Sometimes it may get gooey.
I spray citrus solvent on the piece and let it work for 10 mins.
Then shampoo/rinse a couple times.

I'm on day 9 right now. I can feel some gooyness on the front.
No big deal though.
08-25-2012, 09:33 PM,
i was devistated by my hairloss,
wasenyt going to happen to me, nahh....really it bloody did.
i tried the pills of the internet,
then heard about nanofibers which bought me 4-5 years for which im greatfull,
cant ever knock the product, it made me feel better.

i knew in the back of my mind, if i have to wear i will, its getting youre head around the wigg perception, and youre limited knowledge,

and the more i researched it, i kept comming back to the toplace forum.

i even went to advanced hairstudio, thats comming to the end with desperation,
when they told me the price 1000 i was gutted,
no way could i afford that,

i thought my only route has gone.

via topl lace i found a post that put me in touch with a one lady salon in my area biout 20 miles away at the coast,

i rang up got a quote, around £250.00 inc cut in and bond ,

hell i was extatic, exited, over the moon.

wearing has made my hairloss something i never thought id beat,

but hell, its amazing, and i mean bloody amazing.

looks are fantastic,

and unlike the end of my concealer days when id spend hours styling what little hair i had and applying concealer, id be devistated by the terrible results,

not the fault of the product but using it way beyond thye scope it was intended for,

now,im so happy with my hair, well someones hair,

i look forward to daily events, night out, why because i look bloody great.

allways did get alot of attention from females,and being vain arnt we all to some degree,
if youve had it you want to hang onto it.

the attention i get now is still the same, it should have been switched off by bloody male pattern baldness, but its not,

so male pattern baldness up yours with nobs on,

yeah debonding a bloody pain, but its only a weely monthly event, and the results after wards are mind blowing,

very very happy wearer

anty Smile

ps yeah its rammbling but when youre passionate,and it works bloody hell amazing.
08-26-2012, 11:38 PM,
Mr. Burns, I want to take this opportunity for thanking you for having the courage to try wearing and for having even more courage for putting your face out there as a wearer. I was nearing the end of the road for me about 4 years ago when concealers were getting harder and harder to use to create the illusion of having hair. First it was thinning in the crown area and then the front hairline started to go. I tried just about every "cure" out there, but in the end, I knew I was running out of time. I "lived" on one of the hair loss sites, reading about every "promising" cure out there, supposedly coming out in just a few years....... then I saw some of the first pictures you posted of wearing hair. At first I was very skeptical that I could pull of wearing hair. It all looked so overwhelming and actually really scary to me. Would I have enough guts to make the plunge. I agonized about it. I would read this site and another site and look at every picture and read every testimony I could find. Then I saw the pictures you posted when you were on vacation (on holiday). Your hair looked great and you talked about getting it wet, strong wind, etc. I don't recall what all you said that you had done, but the basic takeaway for me was that you were enjoying a normal life and looking good with hair. I will say, without wanting to sound mushy, your pictures and testimony are probably what helped me the most in reaching the decision to shave off my hair and begin wearing. It was not an easy decision for me, but I thought, if Mr. Burns can pull it off and look great in doing it, so can I. It will be 3 years next month that I first started wearing hair and I am so very thankful that I can do this and forget obsessing about hair loss. Thank you, Mr.Burns for putting yourself out there as a great example for me and others!

John
08-27-2012, 09:20 AM,
Hey mrBurns,
I believe that u cut the systems in yourself,yes?
Just wondering if u have any advice on the technique u use?Is there a special way of cutting in a system.How do u get the blend to be so good in your pics?
Thanks
08-27-2012, 02:02 PM,
Hi Hairenough,

Yes, i will give extendabond a try,thankyou for the suggestion,thats about the only tape i haven't tried yet.

Regards topcat
10-25-2012, 04:13 AM,
Thanks so much for all the nice comments and replies. I'm so sorry and have to apologize for taking so long to respond. Life has been busy in the past couple of months but that's no excuse eh!

I have read all of the responses to this thread as they came in, and I regularly lurk on this forum reading various posts, but I often don't get the time to give them the response they deserve.

But I will respond to each and every one of the question here as I find the time.

The first question I will answer; how do I cut it in? I simply use a Robocut, as instructed by MichiganBaldy in his videos (I had it on VHS in the old days!!). It was very helpful, but you could easily follow the Robocut instructions and some of the youtube videos and you'd get a good cut in. The only extra thing I ever need is a thinning shears for the back!

I must post some recent photos actually...
10-25-2012, 10:15 AM,
Mr Burns I remember the start of this thread all that while ago. It was a good thread. I still do not fuss with my hair. I keep it clean combed and do not nit pick on everything. I have learned that I am wearing the hair and the hair is not wearing me. I feel good, I look 10 years younger and most of all I can walk in the hot sun without burning on top!!!LOL. Still am blessed with long bonds although some of my fav tapes are not working as well as they used to, I am now on Sir Flex extenda Bond mini tabs and they are perfect. The little tabs allow you to get a good grip all arround. I use tape all arround. The biggest best little secret that I cam across by accident was to leave a little tad of the tape over the lace just in the front. By having a tad overhang in the front really makes the hair look natural. Once it is placed on you head, the front line of hairs will be kept down by the tape and will give it a look of actually growing out of your scalp. The only downfall is that cleaning the front hairline has to be done more often but I am willing to make that trade off. I have actually gone out with out my piece with a baseball cap to give my head a break and breathe alittle, If someone sees, the hell with them.