Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That shiny acryllic look
08-19-2012, 11:50 AM,
That shiny acryllic look
Hey guys

been wearing a couple of weeks now and even though I know this is my first piece and I haven't anywhere near perfected attaching its been a real experience, I've been out on the town and even managed to wine and dine a young lady to within an inch of her life!

So far so good but I'm not happy with the way the hair stands up, I've read its because of the acrylic spray they use.

Apart from washing it out, are there any products or other methods to really help get rid of it and get the hair looking more natural ( not to say it doesnt pass as natural but its not quite the same as my normal hair )

Many thanks
08-19-2012, 03:05 PM,
RE: That shiny acryllic look
Spray it with water, brush it flat in the direction you wear it, let it dry naturally and then comb it how you want it.
08-19-2012, 11:35 PM,
Lol i guess that seems quite obvious, thanks Hersute!
08-20-2012, 01:08 AM,
You can blast it with a hairdryer to make it flatter, but any heat ultimately damages the hair, so letting it dry naturally is better.
Also, you can use a spray-on, leave-in conditioner quite regularly. This tends to weigh the hair down and will help keep in under control.
Hope it works for you.
08-20-2012, 02:13 AM,
Use a good styling product to shape it how you want it. Something with a bit of hold and weight.
08-21-2012, 10:46 AM,
As you wear it that will go away. I found this problem w hen I was new to wearing, but not anymore. You just start learning how to deal with it more. Or get used to it even the look more. Try waxworks or some kind of product that will weigh the hair down. I like waxworks with a little water. Or try a pomade or something.
08-21-2012, 02:25 PM,
My stylist gave me this product to use:

Matrix Biolage Curl Defining Elixir

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Biolage-C...B0007CXXEG

It's light and completely dissolves into the hair- no residue seeps down to the lace and it doesn't weigh down the hair. Stylist said it was one of the best for systems.
08-22-2012, 05:16 AM,
just make the most of that acryllic look , youre hairl will never look shinnier, lol
as with youth it dosent last.